The mission of the Young Marines is to positively impact America’s
future by providing quality youth development programs for boys and girls that nurtures and develops its members into responsible citizens who enjoy and promote a healthy, drug-free lifestyle.
The objectives of the Quinebaug Valley Young Marines is to:
• Promote the physical, moral, and mental development of its members
• Advocate a healthy, drug-free lifestyle through continual drug prevention
• Instill in its members the ideals of honesty, fairness, courage, respect, loyalty, dependability, attention to duty, love of God, and fidelity to our country and its institutions
• Stimulate an interest in and respect for academic achievement and the history and traditions of the United States of America
• Promote physical fitness through the conduct of physical activities, including
participation in athletic events and close order drill.