We have sent you and email with instructions on how to reset your password.
TMC Meet Me Downtown 5k Night Run and Walk
Sat, May 31, 2014
About This Activity
Eighth Annual Meet Me Downtown 5k Night Run/Walk -- the biggest running block party in Arizona! Fast course, free food, live music, free Children's One Mile, and after-party throughout Downtown Tucson. We're proud to be Tucson largest running race.
RRCA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP: We're also proud to be named the 2014 National 5k Championship for the Road Runners Club of America. Come visit us in the desert -- we're a great running town and you'll have the time of your life!
* $20 team pricing -- make a team of 5 or more walkers and runners and the price is only $20 per person -- sign up here!
* Super-fast course along the wide Downtown boulevards with neighbor support, plus prize money for top finishers and age group awards in 5-year categories. Over $4,000 in potential prize money is up for grabs.
* Local daredevils Cirque Roots will fire up a circus-style fire show after the race.
* Tucson's music queen, LeeAnne Savage and the Cosmic Cowboys will rock the house.
1) Want an upscale desert resort? The JW Marriott Starr Pass offers the special resort rate; the Marriott Starr Pass is a few miles from the race start. Great desert running trails abound! Click here and enter the code "O2R"
2) Want a bed and breakfast steps from the starting line? Check out the Royal Elizabeth. Click here. Pricing at about $200 a night, in the heart of Downtown.
3 Want an upscale, classic, romantic location near the University of Arizona? Check out the historic Arizona Inn, starting at $99 per night.
4) Want an inexpensive highway hotel? The Hotel Tucson City Center is offering the rate of $59. Just mention that you're with the Southern Arizona Roadrunners at the Hotel Tucson City Center, an InnSuites Boutique Collection Hotel at 475 N. Granada Ave. Call 520-622-3000 ext. 808.
Event schedule and times
Free Children's Mile at 6:30 PM and 5k race and walk at 7:00 PM.
* free beer will be served by Finley Distributing;
* LeeAnne Savage concert and a Cirque Roots Fire Show will sparkle the night sky;
* 7 trucks have signed on for the 3rd Annual Food Truck Running Race Round Run!
* Hotel Congress After-Party Details Confirmed: For the 8th year in a row, Hotel Congress will host the annual after-party featuring aspecial concert featuring Roger Clyne of Roger Clyne and The Peacemakers on the plaza, Mexican Moonshine tequila specials and a 2-4-1 beer from Four Peaks, plus special Meet Me Downtown appetizer discounts to all participants. Want something more relaxing? Head over to Maynard's Kitchen for a nice meal and quiet drinks, with special food and drink discounts for all participants with a bib number.