We have sent you and email with instructions on how to reset your password.
TMC Meet Me Downtown 5k Night Run and Walk
5K, 1 Mile
Sat, May 31, 2014
About This Activity
Eighth Annual Meet Me Downtown 5k Night Run/Walk -- the biggest running block party in Arizona! Fast course, free food, live music, free Children's One Mile, and after-party throughout Downtown Tucson. We're proud to be Tucson largest running race.
RRCA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP: We're also proud to be named the 2014 National 5k Championship for the Road Runners Club of America. Come visit us in the desert -- we're a great running town and you'll have the time of your life!
* $20 team pricing -- make a team of 5 or more walkers and runners and the price is only $20 per person -- sign up here!
* Super-fast course along the wide Downtown boulevards with neighbor support, plus prize money for top finishers and age group awards in 5-year categories. Over $4,000 in potential prize money is up for grabs.
* Local daredevils Cirque Roots will fire up a circus-style fire show after the race.
* Tucson's music queen, LeeAnne Savage and the Cosmic Cowboys will rock the house.
1) Want an upscale desert resort? The JW Marriott Starr Pass offers the special resort rate; the Marriott Starr Pass is a few miles from the race start. Great desert running trails abound! Click here and enter the code "O2R"
2) Want a bed and breakfast steps from the starting line? Check out the Royal Elizabeth. Click here. Pricing at about $200 a night, in the heart of Downtown.
3 Want an upscale, classic, romantic location near the University of Arizona? Check out the historic Arizona Inn, starting at $99 per night.
4) Want an inexpensive highway hotel? The Hotel Tucson City Center is offering the rate of $59. Just mention that you're with the Southern Arizona Roadrunners at the Hotel Tucson City Center, an InnSuites Boutique Collection Hotel at 475 N. Granada Ave. Call 520-622-3000 ext. 808.
Event schedule and times
Free Children's Mile at 6:30 PM and 5k race and walk at 7:00 PM.
* free beer will be served by Finley Distributing;
* LeeAnne Savage concert and a Cirque Roots Fire Show will sparkle the night sky;
* 7 trucks have signed on for the 3rd Annual Food Truck Running Race Round Run!
* Hotel Congress After-Party Details Confirmed: For the 8th year in a row, Hotel Congress will host the annual after-party featuring aspecial concert featuring Roger Clyne of Roger Clyne and The Peacemakers on the plaza, Mexican Moonshine tequila specials and a 2-4-1 beer from Four Peaks, plus special Meet Me Downtown appetizer discounts to all participants. Want something more relaxing? Head over to Maynard's Kitchen for a nice meal and quiet drinks, with special food and drink discounts for all participants with a bib number.