We have sent you and email with instructions on how to reset your password.
10th TMC Meet Me Downtown 5k Night Run and Walk and Friday Night Festival of Miles
5K, 1 Mile
Fri, May 27, 2016
5K Run & Walk - 5K
5K Run & Walk - 5K Team (join or create a team of 5 or more)
Running-1 Mile - One Mile for Youth 14-and-under
Running-1 Mile - One Mile for all 15 and over, includes race shirt and all race amenities
Running-1 Mile - Individual Age group/open
About This Activity
Lace up your favorite sneaks for the biggest running event in Tucson, the 10th Annual TMC Meet Me Downtown 5k Night Run and Walk.
1 weekend, 2 nights, 3 great events
Friday Night, May 27th: Inaugural Festival of Miles
Friday Night, May 27th: Free FitKidz Children's Mile
Saturday Night, May 28th: TMC Meet Me Downtown 5k Night Run and Walk -- Tucson's biggest running event!
Make your plans for Memorial Day Weekend and be part of the 10th Annual TMC 5k Night Run & Inaugural Friday Night Festival of Miles.
Known as MMD (#meetmedowntown5k), the race has become a city-wide block party, with a free beer garden, a free concert headlined by LeeAnne Savage, five bands along the route, and an after-party on the patio of Tucson's iconic Hotel Congress. This race, the first leg of the popular 2016 Gabe Zimmerman Triple Crown, has raised more than $130,000 for local charities over the years.
Something for everyone: Meet Me Downtown was founded by Randy and Tia Accetta 10 years ago to promote Downtown Tucson by providing fitness and social opportunties for all ages and abilities. The TMC Meet Me Downtown weekend focuses on family-friendly activities, including a free FitKidz One Mile Walk/Run on Friday night, kids activities hosted by TMC, and free entry into race beneficiary the Children's Museum. All participants receive a free t-shirt with our unique Tucson-flavored artwork.
To promote how great our city is, MMD features a beer garden, rock n' roll bands and after-party.
To promote the great sport of running, MMD features a flat course, thousands of dollars in prize money, and age group awards.
TMC MEET ME DOWNTOWN 5k TEAM CHALLENGE DETAILS
For Saturday night's TMC 5k Night Run/Walk, It's easy to create team of 5 people or more! Make up a team name, then enter that team name in the online registration portal when prompted -- or add the team name to the mail-in registration form. You do not need to create a Team Captain, though the online form gives a space for adding that. Click here for a list of all 2015 teams and other team details.
* Team with the most participants receives $150 gift certificate to be used at Hotel Congress/Cup Cafe or Maynard's Kitchen.
* Random raffle: two (2) teams will receive $150 gift certificate to be used at Hotel Congress/Cup Cafe or Maynard's Kitchen.
* The fastest women's team of 5 or more will win $300 (conventional cross country scoring will be used)
* The fastest men's team of 5 or more will win $300 (conventional cross country scoring will be used)
The 2016 version is the RRCA West Regional 5k Championships, and with more than $6,000 in total prize money for the weekend, some of the best runners in the country will be hand. Beer garden, after-party, live music and more . . .
To add to the excitement, we've added the Run Tucson Friday Night Festival of Miles, a series of mile races held on Friday night May 27th. Prize money, tutu and kilt divisions, RRCA State Championship prizes, and all sorts of fun.
Come visit us in the desert -- we're a great running town and you'll have the time of your life!
The Night Run has morphed into a city-wide block party, with plenty of children's activities, a free beer garden, five bands along the route, food truck round-up, Muscle Milk fitness tent, a free concert headlined by LeeAnne Savage with other bands along the route, and an after-party on the patio of Tucson's iconic Hotel Congress.
To promote family exercise of all ages and abilities, MMD focuses on family-friendly activities, including a free FitKidz One Mile Walk/Run, jumping castles courtesy of Cox Communications, kids activities hosted by TMC, and free entry into race beneficiary the Children's Museum. All participants receive a free t-shirt with our unique Tucson-flavored artwork.
* $20 team pricing -- make a team of 5 or more walkers and runners and the price is only $20 per person through May 15, then $30 apiece
* Super-fast course along the wide Downtown boulevards with neighbor support, plus prize money for top finishers and age group awards in 5-year categories. Over $4,000 in potential prize money is up for grabs.
* Local daredevils Cirque Roots will fire up a circus-style fire show after the race.
* Tucson's music queen, LeeAnne Savage and the Cosmic Cowboys will rock the house.
* Traditional Post-Race After-Party at Hotel Congress with 2-for-1 drinks and more.
* Free massage after the race, courtesy of the Cortiva Institute.
* Plenty of outdoor children's activities provided by the Children's Museum and Tucson Medical Center.
* The Children's Museum is free for the evening -- open until 8:00 pm!
Do you want to be a better runner? If so, contact RRCA Certified Coach and 2:48 marathoner Tia Accetta at firstname.lastname@example.org. She and her group of certified coaches can create a customized program to help you meet your running and fitness goals.
2) Want an upscale, classic, romantic location near the University of Arizona? Check out the historic Arizona Inn, starting at $99 per night.
3) Want an inexpensive highway hotel? The Hotel Tucson City Center is offering the rate of $59. Just mention that you're with the Southern Arizona Roadrunners at the Hotel Tucson City Center, an InnSuites Boutique Collection Hotel at 475 N. Granada Ave. Call 520-622-3000 ext. 808.
Event details and schedule
POST RACE UPDATES:
* Free beer for over 21 participants will be served by The Junior League of Tucson
* LeeAnne Savage concert and a Cirque Roots Fire Show will sparkle the night sky;
* 7 trucks have signed on for the 5th Annual Food Truck Running Race Round Run!
* Hotel Congress After-Party Details Confirmed: For the 10th year in a row, Hotel Congress will host the annual after-party. Want something more relaxing? Head over to Maynard's Kitchen for a nice meal and quiet drinks, with special food and drink discounts for all participants with a bib number.