We have sent you and email with instructions on how to reset your password.
Dead, Dash and Beyond: 5K Zombie Obstacle Fun Run
Sat, Oct 18, 2014
About This Activity
Dead Dash and Beyond 5K Zombie Obstacle Fun Run
Eagal Lakes Resort
12 W. Lorenzen Rd
Tracy CA, 95304
$35 – Early Registration now thru August 8,
$40 – August 2 thru September 1
$45 – September 2 thru October 17
$50 – Day of event
- The price is determined by how early you register, so the earlier you buy, the cheaper the ticket price! If you want to save money, don’t delay and enter now!
- We have strict no-refund policy. However, we do honor ticket transfers prior to the registration deadline. Participant Transfers: $10
3.1 Mile Run
Dead Dash and Beyond is an interactive zombie-infested obstacle race experience. But you’re not just running against the clock – you’re running from brain-hungry, virus-spreading, zombies. There will be a starting line, and a finish line, but what happens in between is up to you.
All participants will receive flag belt. These flags represent your health. The zombies want to take your flags and maybe eat your brains.
If you lose all your health flags, you are infected with the zombie virus, and the zombies win.
Health bonuses will be hidden throughout the course. Take these flags and carry them to the finish line, it does count as a flag.
There will be a series of man-made and natural obstacles that will be physically challenging, but not impossible. The obstacles will test your strength, speed and the cooperation between you and your fellow hopeful survivors. There will be walls, obstacles and maybe some blood. You will need to climb, crawl, duck and dive your way to the finish line. Oh, and there will be a bunch of flesh-starved undead on your tail. Our obstacles are designed to help runners escape the zombies’ clutches, so skipping on obstacle may not be in your best favor. Runners may choose NOT to complete an obstacle, BUT any runner who skips an obstacle will not have truly survived the apocalypse.
There will be zombies. Their job is to chase you and eat you – but mainly go after your health, in the form of your flag belt. Avoid the zombies to keep your health flags.
Use speed, strategy and a solid group of your closest allies to make it to the FINISH LINE “alive” with at least ONE FLAG INTACT. If you finish with zero health flags, this means the zombies have successfully transformed you into the “undead.”
Course officials and medical staff will be present during the entire event. If you get hurt, our highly trained EMT staff will work swiftly to patch you up.
- Event tee
- Access to ‘Safe Zone’
- Admittance to the Apocalypse Party
- Racing Bib
Spectators are free! You will receive:
- Access to select spectator viewing areas throughout the course
- Memories and/or pictures of your racing friends being scared to death
- Prime people-watching opportunities
- The best (and last) night of your life.
- The feeling of regret that you didn’t run the race
Parking is included in the registration so day of parking is FREE. We suggest you carpool, there’s safety in numbers.
You have survived the zombie invasion (for now). Celebrate your last night with DJ entertainment, best zombie costume competition, and much more. Food and beer will be available, in addition to unique vendors and all things zombie. Be prepared to get your groove on. Running from zombies not your thing? You can still party like it’s the end of the world with the Apocalypse Party.
Register as a zombie for only $35 ($25 you do your own make-up)! You get:
- Full Zombie Make-Up – Our team of top-notch makeup artists will turn you into a disgusting zombie. The entire transformation process will take about 20 minutes and will be the kick-off to one of the craziest days of your life.
- Event T-Shirt – All zombies will receive an event T-Shirt.
- Apocalypse Pass – Zombies will gain free access to the Apocalypse Party. So once you finish your shift and sign out you can go enjoy the live music, delicious food, refreshing drinks and fun activities.
- One Free Beverage (includes beer) – You will receive one free beverage ticket upon finishing your zombie shift. What better way is there to celebrate you inevitable undead victory than by sipping on an ice cold brew (21 years and up).
- Free Parking – All registered zombies will receive free parking on event day.
The ZTC is where our zombies will undergo their full transformation. This transformation includes makeup and zombie training. When you leave the ZTC you will officially be a member of The Zombie Team. You can kiss humanity goodbye, at least for a few hours. Zombies will be required to perform on our course during all race waves. After a zombie shift, they can enjoy the Apocalypse Party!
Our zombies will be transformed at our Zombie Transformation Center (ZTC). They’ll be on the course to chase you and grab your health flags. Our zombies will be fed right before the race, but please remember: Zombies will not physically contact any runner other than in attempt to pull a health flag. Direct physical contact (pulling, grabbing, pushing, striking, etc.) between zombies and runners will not be permitted. DO not taunt the zombies with your brains- that’s just plain mean.
- Direct and intentional physical contact with any runners is strictly prohibited. All of those in violation of this rule will be ineligible for your zombie perks and will be escorted off the grounds without a refund.
- Stumbler Zombies are never to run or chase a runner.
- Chaser Zombies MUST run and chase the runners.
- You are to never grab more than one flag from a runner.
- You are never to grab a flag from a runner if they are waiting to complete an obstacle or while on/in an obstacle.
- You must obey your zombie group leaders at all times. Trust them, they will lead you to a glorious undead victory.
- A zombie must complete his/her shift in order to receive the zombie perks. This includes signing in when you arrive and signing out at the completion of the event.
- Any visible intoxicated zombies will not be allowed to participate and will not receive any of the zombie perks.
- All zombies must be 14 years of age or older by race day in order to participate.
We recommend you arrive at least 1 hour before event time to allow time for parking, packet pickup, and travel to the starting line.
Gear check will be available for racers to check their belongings in during the race.
Costumes are encouraged!
No pets are allowed into the event grounds. Not even if they’re trained to hunt zombies.
Runners must be 14 years of age or older by race day in order to participate.
We highly recommend racing with a group of trusted allies. This is the Zombie Apocalypse, remember? There are no team based awards, just the satisfaction of knowing which friends can be trusted during the end of the world.