We have sent you and email with instructions on how to reset your password.
Paws for Patriots 5k
Sun, Feb 16, 2020
About This Activity
The Southeastern Guide Dogs Paws for Patriots 5k promises to be a fun event. It features chip timing on an accurate, but not certified 5k course in a scenic South Tampa park. Runners (and virtual runners) will receive both a shirt and finisher's medal.
The cost to provide a guide dog for a veteran with a visual impairment or a service dog for a veteran with post-traumatic stress disorder is tens of thousands of dollars, yet veterans receive these extraordinary dogs at no cost. All funds raised will benefit the Paws for Patriots (https://www.guidedogs.org/fast-facts/paws-for-patriots/) Program. On behalf of American heroes who have sacrificed so much, this program serves active duty soldiers and retired servicemen and women with the respect and dignity they deserve.
NOTE: Please register by 7 February 2020 in order to be guaranteed a race shirt.
Regards, Dave Yancey
1. When is packet pickup? We will have packet pickup at Feet First (3401 W Bay to Bay Blvd.) in Tampa on Friday, 14 February from 4 - 6 PM and on-site at Gadsden park on race morning beginning at 7 AM.
2. Can I run/walk with my dog? Unfortunately, our insurance coverage does not allow us to have dogs on the race course.
3. Is there a finisher's medal? Yes, all participants receive both a race shirt and a finisher's medal.
4. How does the virtual run work? It is done on an honor system. You can run your 5k at any time and don't have to report your finish. We'll send out your shirt and finisher's medal the week after the race.
5. What is the race course? The race course is a little tricky to describe. The short description is that it is a figure 8, then a full loop, and a loop around the lake. We've made a short video to help you visualize the course. You can see it on YouTube.