We have sent you and email with instructions on how to reset your password.
Barrel Fest 5 Miler
Sat, Jun 3, 2017
Barrel Fest 5 Miler
Barrel Fest 5 Miler
About This Activity
COOPERTOWN’S 4th ANNUAL BARREL FEST 5 MILER
SATURDAY JUNE 3, 2017 Race Start: 7:00 a.m.
Come run or walk this scenic, gently rolling 5 mile USATF Certified Course. This loop course includes a portion of the Original Historic Trail of Tears route, is 99% paved and mostly shaded.
This family friendly event conveniently starts and ends at Coopertown City Hall located at 2525 Burgess Gower Rd., Springfield, TN 37172 in Robertson County. Runners and walkers are encouraged to come out and enjoy this event taking place within the beautiful countryside of Coopertown. Stay after to enjoy the 5th Annual Coopertown Barrel Festival taking place just across Hwy 49 on Old Coopertown Road where you'll enjoy over 200 booths, games, live music, dance groups, inflatables, pony rides, unique shopping vendors, antique tractor and historical displays, and food galore. Admission into the Barrel Festival is FREE, as is parking which is available around the festival and race grounds.
REGISTER NOW AND SAVE
Register by April 15 = $35 & a GUARANTEED GENDER SPECIFIC TECH SHIRT
April 16 thru May 19 = $40 & a GUARANTEED GENDER SPECIFIC TECH SHIRT
May 20 thru June 3 = $45 TECH SHIRT NOT GUARANTEED, SO SIGN-UP EARLY!
NOTE: On-Line Registration Ends NOON Central Time, Wednesday, May 31, 2017, however, you can still register in-person at Coopertown City Hall Monday - Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., and Friday, June 2 until 6:30 p.m. , and race day, Saturday, June 3 from 5:30 a.m. - 6:45 a.m. If mailing in your registration, we highly recommend mailing it before May 27, 2017 to allow ample time for mail delivery and processing.
PACKET PICKUP at COOPERTOWN CITY HALL, 2525 Burgess Gower Rd., Springfield, TN 37172
1:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Friday, June 2
5:30 a.m. - 6:45 a.m. Saturday, race day, June 3
Race Start Time: 7:00 a.m.
Water will be available on the course at Miles 1, 2, 3 and 4; Water & Gatorade at Miles 2, 3 and 4.
Race Day parking is catty corner from City Hall at the corner of Hwy 49 & Burgess Gower Rd. Look for the signs. Parking is also available at: Coopertown Middle School, 3820 Hwy 49 West. Both are a short walk over to City Hall. There will be NO parking at City Hall on race day. NOTE: The parking lots around Coopertown Middle School will close around 6:50 am due to the fact that the first mile of the race travels around the Middle School. This closure should last about 20 minutes. If parking at Coopertown Middle School, arrive early. Once the last walker has passed by the EMS Station (at Mile marker 1) you can enter and exit the Middle School onto Hwy 49. You will not be able to exit or enter from Burgess Gower Road. Burgess Gower will remain closed throughout the race (with the exception of the entrance into the parking area across from City Hall). PLEASE plan accordingly if you choose to park at Coopertown Middle School.
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PERKS!
* Goodie Bag - containing samples & coupons to use at local businesses and at participating Barrel Festival vendors' booths. Remember, the Coopertown Barrel Festival is taking place race day!
* Chip Timing will once again be handled by our wonderful friends at TN Race Timing out of Cookeville, TN.
* USATF Certified 5 Mile Loop Course with a convenient common start/finish.
* Fluids at every mile marker.
* Awesome Gender Specific Tech Shirt is guaranteed if registered by May 19.
* Unique Finisher Medal for all who cross the finish line!
* Post-race Refreshments
* AWARDS CEREMONY at 8:45 a.m. (or as soon as the last participant crosses the finish line.)
* $100 Prize to OVERALL Female & Male 1st Place Finishers, $50 to 2nd Place and $25 to 3rd Place Overall Female and Male Finishers
* NEW FOR 2017...Award to the OVERALL MASTER (40+) and GRAND MASTER Male and Female!!!
* 3 Deep Age Group Awards (14 & Under, 15–19, 20–24, 25–29, 30–34, 35–39, 40–44, 45–49, 50–54, 55–59, 60–64, 65-69, 70–74, 75+) Age Group Awards will be based on CHIP TIME.
=====1st, 2nd & 3rd PLACE OVERALL MALE & FEMALE FINISHER TIMES WILL BE BASED ON GUN TIME=====
* After the awards ceremony you will enjoy EXCLUSIVE EARLY ENTRY into the 5th Annual Coopertown Barrel Festival! Bring your entire family and plan to stay the day. Entry to the festival is FREE, as is parking. Look for the shuttle!
JUST A COUPLE RULES
Strollers are welcome but we ask that you line up at the rear. And as much as we love dogs, for your safety and the safety of your dog, dogs are prohibited from the course.
This is not a 100% closed course. We will have intersections blocked but we can't know if a citizen living on the route has decided to make a trip to town... For your safety, headphones are discouraged.
This is a rain or shine, heat & humidity event. Although we plan to have water at every mile marker, things do happen, volunteers don't always make it to their stations on time... Please plan accordingly.
We are not responsible for registrations lost in the mail. We strongly encourage those who register using a mailed-in paper registration to do so before May 27, 2017. On this site is a list of all registered participants. Check the list of participants for your name - if you do not see your name, you are not registered.
No refunds. No transfers.
5 Mile Route
Directional arrows and mile splits will be painted in yellow on the Left side of the pavement. Participants need to keep Left when you hit Joe Mac Lipscomb Road, onto Sandy Springs Road, and after making the Left onto Burgess Gower Road.
THE START The start line is behind Coopertown City Hall. You will run on gravel for approximately 200 feet before making a Right onto paved Burgess Gower Road. Since this race has a common start/finish that means you'll run that same 200 feet of gravel to get back to the finish line. Click on the link below to see the course layout.