The Johnston Health Foundation's 6th CHAMPIONS 5K and 1st Annual CHAMPIONS 10K, presented by HealthQuest Fitness and Wellness Center, is a timed run and fun walk event for all ages and fitness levels. We are featuring a 5K Dog Run/Walk so you can also enjoy a fitness morning with your furry friend. This is also a stroller friendly event!
This event is also co-sponsored by the Town of Smithfield, and happens right before the Ham and Yam Festival, so you can make this event the 1st half of a full day outing with your family!
Why join Champions 5K/10K?
1) We are using USATF Certified Courses
2) We will have Accurate Electronic Timing
3) The registration fee includes the timer, a shirt, snacks, water, awards, and other sponsor goodies.
4) We are supporting 2 great causes!
Race proceeds will benefit two (2) charities programs under the Johnston Health Foundation (at each runner's request): the ANGEL FUND (supports cancer patients experiencing financial hardship) and the HEALTHY KIDS FUND (to address childhood obesity issues in our community through health and fitness scholarships).
Teams may be formed by families, churches, clubs, companies, and individuals. For those who are registering multiple teams from the same company/organization, write your company name/organization name before your team name (i.e. COMPANY-Department name).
You may also help fundraise by making online donations. Participants may walk/run in honor of or as a tribute to a loved one, and join some post event activities.
Race Day Schedule:
7:00 am - Volunteer check in
8:00-8:45am – Participant Registration
8:45 am – Opening program
8:50 am – Pre-walk/Run Warmups
9:00 am - 10K Run & 5K Walk/Run Kicks Off (1st wave: Runners; 2nd Wave- Dogs & Owners; 3rd wave: walkers)
10:00 am – Returning participants to visit stations and enjoy sponsor snacks, giveaways and free activities. Kids games begin
11:00 am (or earlier) - Awards Ceremony/Event Ends
Entry Fees (All entry fees are non-refundable):
5K Walk/Run entry fees include a T-shirt, snacks and water.
· T-shirts sizes are not guaranteed for those registering after April 17, 2017.
· Mar. 1 to May 6, 2017 - $35 per person (timer and transaction fees are included)
5K Dog Run/Walk entry fees include a T-shirt for the runner, a doggie bandana, snacks and water.
· T-shirt & doggie bandana sizes are not guaranteed for those registering after April 17, 2017.
· Mar. 1 to May 6, 2017 - $45 per person (timer and transaction fees are included)
· Each runner/walker can register only 1 dog. Must be on a fixed leash at all times.
Awards: This is a timed event! There will be trophies for the top three (3) overall winners.
Awards will be given to top three individual finishers in each age division. Male and Female: age 9 and under, age 10-12, age 13-14, age 15-18, age 19-29, age 30-39, age 40-49, age 50-59, age 60-69, age 70-79, and age 80 and older. There will also be awards for the top 3 dog run/walk participants, male and female owner categories.
Brag and collect! A special token will be given to all registered participants who cross the finish line!
Volunteer opportunities will be posted soon.
Interested to be a sponsor? Email: Foundation@johnstonhealth.org
PRE-RACE PARTICIPANT PACKET PICK UP:
Visit HealthQuest on May 5, Friday anytime between 7am to 7pm for advance participant packet pick up. The packet will include your t-shirt, timer chip, bib, pins, and event day reminders.
EVENT DAY INFORMATION
· Need information? You may approach anyone in orange event shirts, visit our information tent or ask for event day info sheets from our greeters.
· Parking is free. Designated event parking will be the employee parking areas. Event day parking signs will be put out on May 6.
· This is a rain or shine fundraising event. Last minute changes based on weather will be posted on our Facebook Event Page.
· Dog owners – all dogs must be on a fixed / non-retractable leash, and owners are required to pick up after their dogs throughout the duration of the event. Poops bags and trash cans will be available at the Pet Zone.
What to expect:
o Pre-Race warm ups and Post race line dancing & Pound Work outs by Health Quest.
· Cross the finish line and grab goodies from our sponsor tent.
o Load up the entire family on our latest vehicle on display. A Pace Car with a dog mascot will lead the race!
· o Enjoy our 10K run and 5K run/walk route.
o A warm up / fitness plaza – for pre race warm ups and stretches, and post race line dancing, and pound work outs
o Tribute Wall – Write the name of the person you will be running/walking for!
o Refresh yourself at our Food and beverage station after the race, sponsored by Sheetz.
o Kids Zone – We will set up a Tattoo and Face painting station, and kids can participate in fun relay games after your walk/run.