The 14th Annual Sarasota YMCA Ringling Bridge Runpresented by Gateway Bank is Southwest Florida’s premiere 4 mile road race including a 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk. All proceeds benefit the Sarasota YMCA's programs supporting youth and families at the Frank G. Berlin, Sr. Branch.
The inspiring trek over the iconic Ringling Bridge has been a welcome challenge for runners, joggers and walkers of all ages and abilities bringing together friends, families and community. START TIME THIS YEAR for the 4 Mile Run/Walk is at 7:30am and the 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk begins at 8:30am. Arrive early to avoid traffic and stay late to enjoy our fun, post-race family festival.
ONLY 2,500 PARTICIPANTS ARE PERMITTED THIS YEAR SO DON'T MISS OUT! YOU MUST REGISTER BY JANUARY 1ST TO GUARANTEE A RACE SHIRT!
Event details and schedule
1. Who does this event benefit?
The annual Ringling Bridge Run is the cornerstone of the non-profit YMCA's fundraising initiatives that support youth and family programs at the Frank G. Berlin, Sr. Branch. Thank you to our sponsors, volunteers and runners for supporting these important programs that help the children of our community cultivate the values, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health and educational achievement.
2. Where do I pick up my race bag and bib? Packet pick-up will be on Thursday, January 12th from 12pm-7pm @ Fit2Run-Downtown Sarasota and Friday, January 13, 12pm-2pm at the Frank G. Berlin, Sr. Branch YMCA located at 1075 S. Euclid Ave. Pick-up will also be available the morning of the race starting at 6:30am at the race location (Van Wezel).
3. What time does the race start and when should I arrive? The 4 Mile Run/Walk begins at 7:30am and the 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk begins at 8:30am. We recommend arriving by 6:30am.
4. Where do I park? Turn WEST at the 10th Street entrance of the Van Wezel parking lot and park in the designated areas.
5. Where do I park or how do I get to the race area after 6:30am? If you are coming for just the one mile or arriving late you will need to turn WEST at 6th St. (Blvd. of the Arts) and turn onto Van Wezel Way to get to the designated parking lot.
6. Are strollers allowed in the race? Sorry, no strollers are allowed in the 4 Mile Run/Walk because it is a sanctioned race. However, strollers ARE allowed in the 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk.
7. How do I register for free Child Watch (child care)? Your kids get to have a blast under the careful watch of YMCA staff while you beat the streets and the clock for the Bridge Run! Ages 3 and up. Drop off begins at 6:30 am, and pick up must be by 9:30 am.Register for child watch by clicking on the link https://go.kidcheck.com/webforms/eventregistration.aspx?eventid=3850&valid=f550e0ba9e1c4e8bb4a5ed0ac23a952d.
If you need assistance, call 941-955-8194 ext 112
8. Is there a place to leave my coat and keys? Yes, coat/key check is in the Mommy Magazine Tent located by the stage. This is a courtesy service to our participants. The Sarasota YMCA and Mommy Magazine are not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged items. Please use the tear off on your race bib to check your belongings.
9. Where can I use a bathroom? We have portable toilets on-site for participants and spectators to use.
10. What happens if it rains? The race will go on rain or shine. However, if there is severe weather or dangerous conditions that threatens participants, guests, or volunteers The Sarasota YMCA reserves the right to cancel the race without refunds to ensure your safety.
11. Can I bring my pet? Due to the size and nature of the event, pets (with the exception of service animals) are not allowed.
12. When is the Post Race Family Festival? The Family Festival runs from 8:30am to 10:30am, so bring your entire family! Don’t forget a blanket or chair so you can enjoy some sun and fun by the bay.
13. Where do I exit after the race? Please exit south on Van Wezel Way to Blvd. of the Arts (6th Street). Many people will be leaving at the same time so allow extra time for exiting.
14. How can I find my race results? The race results will be automatically emailed to your registered email as soon as they are available.