Backcountry Trail Run

5K, 10K, Half Marathon

Event Date

Sat, Mar 7, 2015


San Antonio, TX

About This Activity

Race Day Contingency Plan: The trails at Government Canyon State Natural Area haven't completely dried out from the recent rains.  They are extremely protective of their trails because that area is classified as a "natural preserve".

We will know on Friday whether the trails will be ready to go on Saturday morning.  If the park deems the trails unacceptable to run, we will NOT be canceling the event.  However we will be moving it to the Leon Creek Greenway.  The Leon Creek Greenway is a paved trail and is located at (3215 Northwestern, San Antonio, TX 78238)

We definitely want to honor our word, commitment and advertising of having a trail run at Government Canyon.  But we would rather have a back up location than simply canceling or rescheduling the event.  We apologize for the inconvenience that this may incur.  Please root for sunshine for the rest of the week!

We will be hosting the Backcountry Trail Run on Saturday, March 7th 2015 at Government Canyon State Natural Area.  Located on the northwest side of San Antonio, this Texas State Park has over 40 miles of hiking and biking trails that range from remote rugged canyon lands to gently rolling grasslands.

We will be hosting a 5k10khalf marathon and 25k.  There is a distance for everyone!  Our 5k and 10k trails are not very technical and are a great introduction into trail running.  The half marathon and 25k course is more technical and will be an exciting challenge for all!

During our half marathon and 25k course, you will run past a set of 110 million year-old dinosaur tracks that are believed to have been left by Acrocanthosaurus and Sauroposeidon dinosaurs.  AWESOME!

There are unfortunately no refunds or transfers after registration.  Thank you for understanding.

Event details and schedule

Government Canyon is very particular about their trail conditions and they reserve the right to postpone/cancel the race if the trails are too muddy.  With that being said, we have Sunday, March 8th as a backup date just in case the trails are too muddy on the 7th.  Worst case scenario, we will have a road race option on Sunday, March 8th.  We will do everything in our power to not cancel the race.

Discuss This Activity