We have sent you and email with instructions on how to reset your password.
Run for the Ribbon 5K Run/Walk
Sun, Jun 19, 2016
Royal Oak, MI
Adult Registration - Adult Registration
Child Registration (13 and under) - Child Registration
About This Activity
Did you know that one in seven American men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer during their lifetime? With over 2,000 participants, the eighth annual Run for the Ribbon 5K Run/Walk will be held at the Detroit Zoo on Fathers Day, Sunday, June 19, 2016 at 8:00AM to raise the awareness of prostate cancer! All funds raised support MIU Men's Health Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the awareness, education, research and treatment of prostate cancer and mens health related issues. Join us in our efforts to #SaveMoreDads! We hope to see you there!
- Register early and save $5! Early bird pricing ends on Friday, May 20, 2016.
- Start, finish and free parking located at the Detroit Zoo
- Free entry to the Detroit Zoo following the race for all registered runners/walkers
- Prostate cancer survivors will receive a commemorative gift
- Live entertainment and refreshments following the race
- Warm-ups at 7:30AM led by Fitness Professional Jodi Trierweiler, Health Fitness expert for Live in the D and Jody's FitLife on Comcast
- Registered participants will receive an official race performance shirt (sizes may be limited for same day registrants) and medal
- ONLY registered runners will be chip-timed. If you want to be timed, you must register as a runner. Participants who register as a walker will NOT be timed.
- Team awards will be given to the team with the most members, the team that raises the most funds and the most creative team name. The newest Father will also receive an award!
- Special awards will be presented to the overall top female and male finishers as well as the first place female and male finishers in each age group: 9 and under, 10-13,14-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80 and older.
- Don't miss out on the Photo Booth and special appearance by the Detroit Lions' Mascot "Roary"!
- After the event, bring your race bib to a Runnin' Gear Store for a 10% discount on one item. Expires June 30, 2016
- In Celebration Of Signs Choose to participate at the event in celebration and honor of a loved one’s fight with prostate cancer! For a $5 donation, a sign with your loved one’s name will be placed along the running course! You can register for the sign during registration. All donations will be used to promote the awareness, education, treatment and research of prostate cancer and men’s health related issues. Sign deadline Monday, June 13, 2016. - Support Beads
Show your support for men who are prostate cancer survivors, are going through treatment, or lost their fight with the disease. We encourage participants to wear support beads - each color shows how prostate cancer has affected each of us. Pre-purchased beads can be picked up at packet pick up or at the event at the Registration Table, and can also be purchased on the day of the race. Funds raised from bead sales are dedicated to promoting men's health advocacy and the awareness, education, research and treatment of prostate cancer and men's health related issues
Blue Beads: prostate cancer survivor
Gold Beads: loved one has/had prostate cancer
Silver Beads: lost a loved one to prostate cancer
White Beads: support the cause Run for the Ribbon Gala Our opening evening, Run for the Ribbon Gala, takes place at 6:30PM on Friday, June 17, 2016 at the Sky Deck in Detroit. The “Night under the lights” will be filled with 250 friends, fine wine and food, dancing to the Ben Sharkey Band and a charity auction. Tickets available here.
Event details and schedule
The 5K Run/Walk begins at 8AM. We reccomend arriving no later than 7:15AM on race day. Free parking available at the Detroit Zoo. Free entry to the Detroit Zoo following the race for all registered participants.
Packet pick-up is available race day beginning at 6:30AM at the Detroit Zoo and at the Wilson Cancer Resource Center from 11AM-7PM on Thursday, June 16 and Friday, June 17. Wilson Cancer Resource Center is located in the Troy Beaumont Hospital Professional Office Building, 44344 Dequindre Rd, Sterling Heights, MI 48314. Packet pick-up will be in the lobby of the North Entrance.
Registration must occur before Wednesday, June 15, 2016 to utilize packet pick-up. If registration occurs June 16 and 17, packet pick-up is available race day beginning at 6:30AM.