We have sent you and email with instructions on how to reset your password.
Literacy Half Marathon & 10k Run/Walk
1 Mile, 10K
Sat, May 14, 2016
About This Activity
Please join us for the 13th annual Literacy Half Marathon and 10k Run/Walk for Literacy presented by Runner's Image, Carlyle Brewing Co., C & E Specialties, Red Lobster, Meg's Daily Grind and RockValley Culligan. Both races are 2016 RRR Circuit Races. New for the 10k in 2016 is special "Kid Friendly" pricing for ages 10-17. For more information about the circuit go to: http://www.rockfordroadrunners.org
Since 2004 participants in the Literacy Half Marathon and the Runner's Image Half Marathon Training Program have raised over $124,000 for the Literacy Council.
Both races will be held primarily within three beautiful Winnebago County Forest Preserves; Kishwaukee, Blackhawk Springs and Espenschied. About 70% of the Literacy Half Marathon is on trails ranging from grassy double-track to twisting and technical single-track. Most of the remaining 30% is on paved roads and paths within the forest preserves. The 10k Run/Walk for Literacy is about 50% easy to moderate trails and 50% paved roads and paths within the forest preserves. Scenic, well marked and with plenty of aid stations, these two events are ideal for first timers, but can also be a challenging race for experienced trail runners. Both courses will be supported and remain open for four hours, 8 AM to noon.
Some portions of the race may be very muddy due to weather conditions in the days leading up to the race. If access to Espenschied F.P. is not possible due to high water levels, an alternate shortened course for the Literacy Half Marathon will be used.
After the race, celebrate with locally brewed beer from Rockford's own Carlyle Brewing Company (www.carlylebrewing.com), and enjoy a pasta brunch provided by Red Lobster. Brunch will be available to all race entrants and paid guests.