We have sent you and email with instructions on how to reset your password.
Sat, May 31, 2014
About This Activity
The concept is simple:
- One mass start of all types of paddle craft. - Different categories based on vessel. - Different distances based on ability.
The details are as follows:
STEP 1. Line up cross river for the starting gun. STEP 2. Paddle your chosen vessel to the distance you feel you can achieve. The different distances are shown on the specific race maps below. Each turning point will be demarkated by flags or ribbons attached to buoys that will be ancored in the river at distances of 5K, 10K, Half-marathon, and Marathon as a function of round trip distances. Paddle as far as you can (or to your predeterimed distance), upriver, and realize that once you grab your flag, you still have to paddle back to the start location. STEP 3. Use your safety pins to pin the rip-off section of your race number SECURELY to your ribbon once it is obtained. If these become separated, you will be disqualified. So it's important. STEP 4. When you return to the starting location (Riverside Adventure Company shoreline), you must pull your boat out of the water at least 30' from shore, and then deliver your ribbon and attached bib strip to the proper tally board. The boards will be layed-out pre-race, so you can know exactly were you need to go, before you begin the race. STEP 5. CONGRATULATIONS! You did it! No catch your breath, listen to some music, get some food and wait for the awards ceremony! CATEGORIES:
Single Person Categories
- Stand-up Paddle board.
- Up to 10' kayaks/canoe
- 10' to 15' kayaks/canoe
- 15' to 20' kayaks/canoe
- Over 20' kayaks/canoe
Two Person Categories:
- Two person Kayak
- Two person Canoe DISTANCES:
5K Paddle (3.1 miles) 10K paddle (6.2 miles) Half- Marathon paddle (13.1 miles) Marathon paddle (26.2 miles) SWAG AND SUPPORT
- Sports drink, and portable snacks will be available to all races prior to the race.
- During the race, music will be played at the Riverside Adventure company start/finish location.
- On river support will be available in the case of emergency. Remember, most of the Susquehanna is fairly shallow and slow moving. It's a safe river to paddle.
- There will be help available for loading and unloading vehicles.
- In the event of a D.N.F. a swag wagon with boat handling capabilities will be dispatched to safely return participants to the Start/Finish area.
- Shirts or some other race memorabilia will be custom created for our racers to have and enjoy.
- Awards will be given out to the top three finishers (male and female) in each category. Teams will have an additional coed category.
SEE THE WEBSITE FOR ALL THE DETAILS!
Event schedule and times
Registration opens at 7:30 a.m. Registration closes at 8:45 a.m. Race starts at 9:00 a.m. Event is officailly over at 3:00 p.m.