Official Site: www.GreatAmazingRace.com. “Where Smiles & Teamwork Rule the Day!” A national D.I.T. (Do-It-Together) family-friendly adventure foot race with obstacles based on the TV show THE AMAZING RACE . For two-person teams ... be it friends, family members, neighbors or co-workers. It's way more fun than a 5K and a perfect birthday party idea! Run, jog or walk. How well you work together with your teammate is the most essential ingredient to winning the race!On-line registration will close once 120 team limit is reached. Sign up now, team members can be added later on race day!
1. ABOUT THE RACE: Two person teams (adult/kid, kid/kid or adult?adult) race against other teams completing a one mile cross country course with obstacles/challenges that require teamwork. Whether you run, jog, walk or watch, it'll be a Bonding Experienceyou will never forget. Testimonial: “What an awesome day my son and I had. My son could not stop talking about it and thanking me for taking him! It has made memories that will last a life time.” Celebrate someones day in a wild way! Our birthday party space can accommodate up to 25 teams. So sign up early.
2. RACE DESCRIPTION:Modeled after the popular television show "THE AMAZING RACE", teams of two people race around a one-mile trail course in competition with other teams, completing a string of up to eight fun-filled challenges. Clue Cards provided at each station directs teams to perform tasks that focus on team-oriented tasks (games, relays, obstacle course, etc.) before proceeding to the next challenge station. Contestants strive to arrive at the finish line with the fastest overall time to be declared the winners. Waves begin every 10 minutes … kids teams, then adult teams.
Teams can choose a Recreation Pace (those who prefer to walk or jog at a leisure pace) or a Competitive Pace (those who prefer to run). Challenge stations include varying levels of difficulty, based on age and fitness level of the participants. Beginners can choose the easier challenges, while veteran racers will complete the more difficult challenges.
3. REGISTRATION INFO: Pairs only:adult/kid, kid/kid or adult/adult. Must be 5 years of age or older to participate. Children in Pre-K and Kindergarten must be paired with an adult.
4. GROUP DISCOUNTS: Teachers, military, law enforcement & fire departments, as well as members of Girls Scouts, Boy Scouts, YMCA, 4-H, BBBS and BGC receive special pricing through the www.GreatAmazingRace.comportal only.
5. DONATION EXCHANGE: Help us fight pediatric cancer by donating 2 pairs of used sneakers or running shoes to Max Cure Foundation's Dunk Your Kicks program and receive a free mulligan or time saver token for the race. (www.DunkYourKicks.org)
6. RACE DIVISIONS:Race divisions are determined by grade of youngest team member: Grades K-2, Grades 3-5, Grades 6-9 and Grades 10-Adult teams.
7. AWARDS:Every team that crosses the finish line gets an award to recognize their accomplishment. Medals are presented to the winners of each race division. The top 25 teams, from each city race, qualify for the National Championship Race and $2,000 prize!
8. REFER A TEAM, EARN $:Refer your friends, family members, neighbors and co-workers and you will BOTH earn $5.00 worth of referral rewards that can be redeemed for merchandise at the race.
9. SPONSORSHIP:Sponsorship with GREAT AMAZING RACE SERIES offers many exciting exposure possibilities for your company. Please contact us to discuss corporate and small business sponsorship opportunities.