We have sent you and email with instructions on how to reset your password.
Central Mass Beer Mile
Fri, Sep 30, 2016
About This Activity
Are you up for the challenge? Get ready to test your abilities at an officially timed beer mile event. With the beautiful backdrop of Wachusett Mountain, you can test your tolerance & speed on the specially constructed 400 meter track that we are building in the Ski Area parking lot. Drink one 12oz. alcoholic beverage and run 400 meters, and then repeat 3 more times! Can you do it?
Challenge your friends at the Central MA Beer Mile!
Event Rules & Regulations:
1. All participants must be 21 or older to participate.
2. A valid photo ID must be presented at registration and at the after party, no exceptions. You may not pick up a registration packet for a friend.
3. Racers are strongly encouraged to have a designated driver present with them. Designated Drivers shall sign in at the Registration Area to receive the special wrist band allowing them free water, seltzer water and soft drinks. Police details will be onsite.
4. Racers should arrive a minimum of 45 minutes prior to their heat to ensure time through registration.
5. There will be no day of registration available for the race.
6. Racers will get a wrist band specific to the beverage chosen at time of registration.
7. If you miss your heat you forfeit your race.
8. Race Staff and Mountain Staff have the right to remove anyone from the grounds due to intoxication or unruly behavior.
9. You will only have approximately 20 minutes to complete the mile.
10. Racers are required to wear their bib numbers and wrist bands during the event.
11. Parking is at Lower Lot 3 so plan accordingly. Bus service will be provided.
12. Creativity is welcome, dress for fun!
13. NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON INCLUDING WEATHER, NO EXCEPTIONS.
1. Each competitor drinks four 12oz alcoholic beverages OR four 2oz. wines and runs four laps on the 400 meter track. (drink, run, drink, run, drink, run, drink, run)
2. Beverage must be consumed before the lap is begun, within the transition area which is the 10 meter zone before the start/finish line on a 400m track.
3. The race begins with the drinking of the first beer in the last meter of the transition zone to ensure the competitors run a complete mile (1609 meters).
4. Women also drink four beers in four laps.
5. Competitors will drink draft beer and/or canned seltzer or poured wine. the drinks should not be less than 355ml (the standard can volume) or 12oz (the imperial equivalent). The wine will be altered in to 2oz. pours.
6. Beverage will be a minimum of 5% alcohol by volume.
7. Each beer must not be drank until the competitor enters the transition zone on each lap.
8. Competitors who vomit before they finish the race must complete one penalty lap at the end of the race (immediately after the completion of their 4th lap). Note: Vomiting more than once during the race still requires only one penalty lap at the end. * It is strongly recommended, when attempting official records, to tip the empty beer can or bottle over your head at the end of a chug to verify an empty vessel.