We have sent you and email with instructions on how to reset your password.
Run for the Vets Endurance Challenge
Sat, Nov 21, 2015
General admission - Individual Age group/open
Active Duty - Active Duty
Veterans - Veterans
Student - Student
About This Activity
14644 Lake Poway Rd Poway, CA 92064
Saturday, 21 November, 2015
Run For The Vets Endurance Challenge
We are getting out there and putting ourselves through the ringer for the Vets and the community! They've endured for us, now we would like to return the favor.
This will be a highly challenging day. The runners will be given "Basic Training" style excercise before the run event. Your intelligence will be tested through memory and attention to detail. Simular to the fashion experianced during the U.S. Military Special Operations selection process.
The run itself will challenge you. If you think you are fit, come out and see how fit you really are. If you are a glutton for punishment come on out.
The bottom line is that you will be tested physically and mentally. Be part of something bigger than yourself. These are the type of events were real bonding takes place. Do it for the vets, they need your support now more than ever. See you there. Thanks and have a great one!
The guys and gals over all winners will recieve some awesome prizes.
1. Mystery prize valued at over $250
2. Free Gym Membership for you and you immediate family. (i.e, spouse, childern etc.)
3. Free admission for any SunTemple Running Association event.
All participants will recieve a really cool medal.
Don't feel like running? Just come out and enjoy the atmosphere. Its a good day to hang out with Vets and fitness types.
Donations are always welcomed. A portion of these proceeds will also go to Crown Point Junior Music Academy. Thanks for taking the time to check us out bro, have a great day. Hope we see you there.
Event details and schedule
What This Event Is
This event is designed to challenge you and give you a tatse of what its like to be in the military. There will be intrsuctors there to motivate you. Not drill seargants screaming at you, but instructors there to give you firm encouragment in a positive way. No insults. Just good motivational stuff.
Event Schedule Breakdown
Breakdown of event timeline ( Op Order Summary)
1. 0700- Runners show up at Check Point 1 (bus site.)
2. 0745- All runners are on site at CP AA and sign in.
3. 0815- Runners get assigned a number, color and are issued equipment.
4. 0830- Bathroom/water call for runnners.
5. 0845- Strectching and role call.
6. 0900- 1st exercise session
7. 1200 - Final call for all runners. (Fitness portion is officially over0
8. 1200- Food is served.
9. 1300 (1:00pm) Awards ceremony.
10. 1400 (2:00pm) Run for the Vets concludes.
Mt. Woodson, located at Poway Lake, in San Diego California is a very demanding hike/run. Steep grades, narrow turns and intense heat make for quite a challenging day. About 3 miles 'round trip' from top to bottom. Very little shade. Bottom line, you will be challanged, I don't care who you are. So come on out and "Git Sum" if you think you're in shape.
Bus Pick Up (CP1)
Shuttle area TBD.
What to Bring
Bring waivers, forms of I.D., a backpack to store personal equipment. Also bring slippers or comfortable shoes after the event. Your feet may feel sore.
What To Wear
Running shoes. You can wear military fatigues and apparel or loose fitting fitness/hiking cloth. Whatever floats your boat. Just make sure you can move around in whatever you choose to wear.
BASIC GIST OF EVENT
1. You park near the shuttles.
2. You are shuttled to event site.
3. Logistics are finalized.
4. You are given a few minutes to use the bathroom and get some water.
5. (Event Starts) You stretch and begin exercises for about 30 minutes.
6. You make your accent up the trail.
7. Surprise event scheduled.
8. Finish your ascent up the trail and make your way back down.