Endurance Sports Management and Relay for Life proudly present the 5th annual February Freeze 5K Run and Walk
Come join the fun and excitement of the February Freeze 5K Run and Walk! The race begins in the Old Mill District of Pigeon Forge, TN and traverses the local streets and riverside greenway in the heart of the Smokies. Facilitated by the Sevier County Relay for Life Team, all proceeds of the February Freeze 5K Run/Walk go to the American Cancer Society.
Where and When - The February Freeze 5K Run/Walk begins at 4:00 PM on Saturday, February 17, 2018 in Pigeon Forge, TN across from Patriot Park.
Cost and Cause - The cost of registration is $25 until December 31, 2017. From January 1 until February 16, 2018 registration is $30. Race day registration is $35.00. All money raised goes to the Sevier County Government Relay for Life Team which benefits the American Cancer Society. A great cause!
Registration - Runners/Walkers can register for the February Freeze 5K 1 of 3 ways:
- Online: Register for the race online at runsignup.com.
- Mail-In: Any mail-in registration must be received by February 2, 2018. Please mail to: February Freeze, 227 Cedar Street, Sevierville, TN 37862.
- Race Day Registration: Runners/Walkers can register the day of the race from 2:00-3:00 at the Race Registration Tent.
Course - This is a fast and fun course! The course begins on Butler Street in the Old Mill District, heads to Teaster Lane, then to the Little Pigeon Greenway behind LeConte Events Center before finishing back on Butler Street. Lots of Winterfest lights to add a unique atmosphere to a great race.
T-Shirts - Runners and Walkers registering prior to February 2nd will receive the official February Freeze 5K long-sleeve t-shirt. Any registration after February 2nd will receive a long-sleeve t-shirt while supplies last. No shirts will be mailed; T-shirts & bibs available for pick up on Friday, February 16th, 2018 @ 227 Cedar Street, Sevierville, TN 37862 from 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. or can be picked up on race day between 2:00 - 3:30.
Awards - The Top 3 male and female participants will receive overall awards. The overall winners will not be eligible for the classification awards given to age groups (top 3 in each age group classification will be eligible for an award). Awards for walkers will also be given.
Refreshments - Refreshments will be available after the race.
Race Day Etiquette - Due to our insurance policy, no rollerblades, strollers, bicycles, or dogs will be allowed in the race.
February Freeze has a NO REFUND policy. This is based on our pricing structure to provide 15% of GROSS REVENUES to our charity partners. Insurance is available during the registration of each event. Please take advantage of this option should you wish to insure your entry fees.
Race entries are non-transferable between individuals.
Event Cancellation / Modification Policy
If Natural Disaster or Community Disaster occurs, our action steps are as follows:
1. February Freeze in concert with local officials will make decisions based on safety first.
2. Courses and/or race segments will be altered as agreed to between February Freeze and local officials
3. Financial: It is not financially feasible for February Freeze to accept the risk of a disaster for everyone. Each registered participant needs to accept the risk of his or her entry fee. There will be NO REFUNDS or free entries to future races. The money you paid is spent developing the subject event.
4. February Freeze does not save any money if one of our events has to be canceled for reasons beyond our control. All supplies and services needed for the events are purchased and/or arranged in advance. All event supplies and services associated with that event must be paid for, regardless of the outcome.
Event shirts are NOT guaranteed to participants registering within 2 weeks of each event. Please register prior to 2 weeks prior to guarantee your race shirt.