We have sent you and email with instructions on how to reset your password.
Rockland Road Runners Kid's Program
Tue, Jun 28, 2016
Pearl River, NY
About This Activity
Kids are natural runners, whether they’re accompanying you on a run or participating on an organized team or school program. They require care at each step of their development. From the right shoes, correct form and structured training, having the proper instruction at an early age is essential. To ensure that they remain life-long runners requires support, encouragement and guidance. Fulfilling the potential of young athletes depends on a balanced approach to training and careful planning.
RRR Kids uses a team-based philosophy to help kids learn valuable lessons about how to set goals and make being active part of their daily lives. With the help of our coaches and members, kids will learn the fundamentals of running (at various age- appropriate distances) while having fun. The RRR Kids program is designed for children of all fitness levels in grades K-8.
The Summer 2016 RRR Kids Program is a six-week introductory program, specifically designed for young runners. Each session will last approximately one hour and will take place at the Pearl River High School track. All parents are welcome to stay and observe, encourage, and support their children.
How to Enroll: The registration fee for the six-week program is $15. Program registration includes six week program and a RRR Kids tee shirt!
At the end of the six weeks, the RRR Kids Program will be hosting a timed, two-mile race on Saturday, August 6 at 8:00am at Rockland Lake! RRR Kids Program participants receive a discounted rate of $10.
Children not enrolled in the program are also invited to run for a fee of $15. Parents are welcome to run with their children for a fee of $5. In addition, helper runners will be on hand to run with and encourage the kids during the race. Race tee-shirts are provided for all participants, and children finisher medals will be awarded.
WEEK DATE LOCATION PLANNED SESSION (Note: All sessions will start promptly at 6pm and run until 7pm. Please plan on arrving prior to 6pm so the programs can start on time!) 1) Tuesday, June 28 Pearl River HS 1-2 lap warm-up; warm-up stretches; track fundamentals; stretching and cool-down.
2) Tuessday, July 5 Pearl River HS 1-2 lap warm-up Drills/stretches for warming up; Core and upper/lower body exercises; Stretches and cool-down.
3) Thursday, July 14 Pearl River HS 1-2 lap warm-up; Dynamic Drills; Elementary long distance day: 1 mile group run with coaches; Stretching and cool-down.
4) Thursday, July 21 Pearl River HS 1-2 lap warmup; Dynamic Drills; 1 mile run; Stretching and cool-down.
5) Thursday, July 28 Pearl River HS 2-3 lap warmup; Dynamic stretching; Circuit training; 1.5 mile run; Stretching and cool-down.
6) Thursday, August 4 Pearl River HS 2-3 lap warmup; Dynamic stretching; 1.5 mile run; Stretching and cool-down.
RACE DAY! Saturday, August 6, 8:00am Rockland Lake, South Parking Lot 2 mile run.