The Advanced Art students at Riverside Prep Middle School are unstoppable in their desire to learn new methods and skills in the field of Art. These amazing students are hoping to learn movie making and photo editing in order to remain current with today's technologies. With this goal in mind, they hope to raise money to purchase iPads for us in the classroom by holding the Color My Art World Color Run. We hope you will join us for the second annual Color My Art World Color Run!
Event details and schedule
The Color My Art World 5k Info:
When: Saturday, April 9th
Time: 8:00 AM Check-in starts at 7:00
Where: Riverside Prep Middle School Campus
19900 National Trails Hwy
Oro Grande, CA 92368
Course Info: The course will be a complete 5k.
This is NOT a timed event. We will however have timers yelling out times as you cross the finish line. If you would like to keep track of your time on a stop watch or timer please bring whatever device you need to do so.
Arrival Info: Check-in will be open at 7:00. Please plan to arrive with enough time to check in before the race begins. The run will begin promptly at 8:00.
Parking Info: Please park in the parking lot in front of the Middle School campus, this is to the right after entering the gates. Parking is free.
Waivers and ID: Please bring your ID to confirm your registration. If you have not filled out and turned in a waiver, you will not be permitted to participate in the event.
What to bring: We will have water and snacks availbale for sale but it is recommended that you bring a water bottle.
Tips for rocking the color run:
1. DON’T worry! The color is non-toxic. Just colored cornstarch, so don’t let that worry you.
2. DO bring a ziploc baggie for your phone. You will want to take pictures, but you don’t want to ruin your phone. Mine is just a few weeks old so I was extra super-dee-dooper careful to keep it covered at all times.
3. DO bring a change of clothes and/or a towel for your car.
4. DO bring a bandana to cover your mouth and nose if you plan to get doused. I wore mine around my neck during the race, just in case, and afterwards I put it on my head kerchief style, which was actually a great way to keep my hair clean in the aftermath.
5. DO wear sunglasses. Same deal — it helps keep the cornstarch out of orifices that don’t appreciate being invaded by foreign substances.
6. DO plan for enough time. If you’re going to pick up your race packets the day of the race, leave plenty early. There is likely to be a LONG line, and you will want time to go back and put your things in the car because they don’t have a place to check a bag.
7. DON’T wear anything too precious. The color may or may not come out of your clothes and shoes so wear old ones that you don’t mind getting mucked up a bit. As for your shirt, you can spray it with vinegar and iron in the color if you want to keep it as a souvenir.
8. DO wear white! Most everyone wears a white shirt, and you can go all out with white headbands, shorts, knee socks . . . whatever floats your boat. It’s fun to see them go from pristine white to rainbow in a matter of minutes. In fact, if you want, go all out and wear a crazy costume! Why not???