We have sent you and email with instructions on how to reset your password.
HEALs to the Pavement for Pregnancy and Infant Loss
5K, 1 Mile, Other
Sat, Oct 14, 2017
1 Mile Walk
Kids Tot Trot
About This Activity
Join us for the 3rd Annual
HEALs to the Pavement for Pregnancy & Infant Loss!
This 5k run - 1 mile walk is to raise money for pregnancy and infant loss. An estimated 1 in 4 women will experience this type of loss and today 71 mothers will give birth to a sleeping baby. Finding support while coping with this type of loss can be very difficult in our community. HEALing Embrace was created in honor of babies born silently to pregnancy or passed away before their first birthday. Between the two founders, 6 babies have left them too soon. HEALing Embrace is a designated fund through the Midlands Community Foundation and the goal is to support families that are grieving the loss of their children through financial aid to help cover funeral expenses, medical expenses, postpartum care and grief counseling. HEALing Embrace also provides FREE grief resources, weighted birth day bears and care packages. We walk with families prior, during and after the birth of their precious baby in the hospital and home to help provide them the best support possible.
Would you please join us and help us accomplish our mission of Helping Everyone After Loss!?!
The venue is set and we are getting geared up for another beautiful event! The honorary Light up the Night event will be taking place again! Please register your sweet baby(ies) for this! Our first year we had light up balloons and last year we had fireworks!
Our second annual event impacted approximately 1,100 lives and we look forward to having you join us again this year!
Some things you can look forward to this year....
* A beautiful display of our sweet babies being remembered
* Remembering and embracing our warrior moms and dads
* Light up the Night in honor of our warrior families and babies cherished - including FIREWORKS and a special surprise to be announced at a later date.
* Colored picture of your baby on the individual sign with memory dates
* Fantastic Music
* Delicious Food (Food trucks from The Churro Truck, Piccolo's, Johnny Ricco's, Big Kahuna Kettle Corn & The Omaha Bakery)!!
* Supportive Vendors
* Safe community of family and friends coming together for such a significant cause
* Silent Auction/Raffle
* Kids Tot Trot *
* Kids Activities with Party Pals of Omaha - face painting & balloon creations! Make your own tic-tac board and other fun things for the kiddos to do!!
* A place to rest your heart and mind and be in the presence of those who love you and support you.
* TEAM FUNDRAISING!!!!! You'll have the opportunity to create your own team and compete with others raising money for a cause!
*Awards will be given at the event for most money raised, most participants per team and best created team shirts!!
** VIRTUAL Run/Walk!! We have supporters from all over the country and this is a beautiful way that ANYONE be can involved from ANYWHERE in the WORLD!!! As a virtual participant, you can still honor your sweet baby for the Light Up the Night portion and their name(s) will still appear on the banner!!