We have sent you and email with instructions on how to reset your password.
2014 Tour de Gruene Team Time Trial
Sun, Nov 9, 2014
New Braunfels, TX
About This Activity
Surrounded by limestone cliffs and encircled by the Guadalupe River it’s hard to imagine a more scenic location than the Lazy L & L valley property. Tour de Gruene Team Time Trials are a competition. Two person teams begin 30 seconds from the next team and then race down River Road completing a 26.4 mile loop against the clock for awards in various gender, equipment, age, and ability divisions. We also have tandem and co-ed divisions!
Teams will be seed started according to their supplied predicted average mph for the course. Last year's winner(s) and any course record holders are given the honor of being seeded last. Timing is recorded from the team's appointed start time, until the leading edge of the front wheel of the 2nd member of the team crosses the finish line. Any separation from your teammate is counter-productive. You should always be finishing with your teammate, regardless of the physical or mechanical condition that slows them down. Leaving your partner behind, unless they are withdrawing, is frowned upon.
Tour de Gruene awards are presented during an awards luncheon in the Lazy L&L Dance Hall to top times in each division. Quantity of prizes awarded is dependent upon total entries per division. Typically 3 places. Horseshoes, washers and sand volleyball courts surround the pavilion. Like to camp or RV? Reserve a site through L & L and gather with other cyclists along the river for the weekend. Special event rates can be found on our website.
In the evening strap on your lederhosen because also included in your entry is a ticket into Wurstfest – a local German festival with good food and the finest in Alpine and Bavarian style entertainment.
Additionally, you should plan some time to spend in historic Gruene. listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and is recognized by the Texas travel industry as a premiere attraction for visitors. The main focus of Gruene is bona fide Texas. Everything from the wares they sell to the music they play speaks to providing its guests with an experience that has the signature seal of the Lone Star State.
We look forward to seeing you in November for a spectacular ride and fun weekend. Our chosen charity to benefit is the Sally M. Kingsbury Sarcoma Research Foundation of New Braunfels.
G E N E R A L I N F O R M A T I O N
• Entrants do not need any racing license to participate.
• Each team member receives a quality event t-shirt AND an admission ticket to Wurstfest AND a lunch during the awards ceremony. Shower token upon request.
• The first 250 teams to register are in.
• There are no mail-in nor walk-up registrations for this event.
• Team Captain will register both team members online at the same time. In order to complete the online process, the Captain needs to gather information from their partner. See the section on the website for things to know before you register.
• Be recognized for being family members who race together. You will find a place on the registration form to be recognized if you are racing with another member of your immediate family: husband/wife; parent/child; sibling/sibling.
• When our field limit is met, registration will close and details posted on our website.
• Registration discounts given for early entries.
• One free shower token upon request at packet pickup
• Consider camping with us for the weekend!! See details on the website for special rates.
Come race scenic River Road, enjoy the charm and ambiance of the Lazy L & L, and head on over to Wurstfest for the German Festival. We hope you will join us!
WEATHER CLAUSE: If weather precludes the event from beginning or finishing, there are no refunds. The charity, Sally Kingsbury Sarcoma Cancer Foundation will still benefit, and t-shirts and tickets will be distributed on site.
Event details and schedule
Sunday, November 9, 2014 Team Time Trial
Start/Finish at the Lazy L & L on River Road
30 minutes north of San Antonio, and 45 minutes south of Austin
8:00 a.m. first team starts
This Event is Now Closed for Registrations. See ya next year! Mark your calendar - Sunday, November 8, 2015.
Please see our website prior to entering as it is our source for all current information -- such as packet pickup times/locations, download waivers, links to maps, what to do if you need to replace your partner, maps, lodging, etc.