Rolling Thunder is a full Saturday of Cyclocross Racing in Missoula, MT. It rolls all day and into the night. It's hosted at Big Sky Brewery. Kid's, juniors, and beginner women race free. Rolling Thunder is held under private insurance and is a non USA Cycling event.
9:00am - 10:00am ONLY DAY OF REGISTRATION (can check in 30m before each race)
10:30am - Strider Race - 2-5 yr old - half lap 10:30am - Pedal Bike Juniors - 3-6 yr old - half lap 11:00am - Juniors 7-9 yr old and beginning juniors - 2 laps* 11:35am - Juniors 10-14 yr old - 3 laps 11:35am - Juniors 15-18 yr old - 3 laps 12:30pm - Cat 4/Beginner Women - 30m* 1:20pm - Cat 5/Beginner Men - 30m* 2:10pm - Master Women 40+ - 30m 3:00pm - Cat 4 Men - 45m 5:10pm - Master Men 40+ - 50m 5:10pm - Master Men 50+ - 50m 5:10pm - Master Men 60+ - 50m 6:20pm - Single Speed Men - 40m 6:20pm - Single Speed Women - 40m 7:20pm - Cat 1/2/3 Women - 55m 8:30pm - Cat 3 Men - 60m 8:30pm - Cat 1/2 Men - 60m
What makes this race special:
Rolling Thunder is predominately known for it's extra curricular activities.
- The Cycling House Beer Garden presented by Big Sky Brewery. All the money raised goes to the prize purse for the racers. It optional donations.
- Zillastate Bounce House
- Kid's Race and Junior racing. Multiple starts so kiddos will be on course with their peers by themselves. All kids and junior races are free.
- The SS, women's and mens elite races are in the dark, we have lights on the course.
- Fun course features, sand pit and whoop section
-Spirit Animal T-shirts available to purchase for $15 when you pre-register online by 10/21. Register and order your t-shirt by 10/21 to guarauntee your size. Sizes and quantity available after 10/21 including race-day not guaranteed.
- We really like call ups and rewarding racers for past results. Our call up procedure is the following: 1. Wild West top 8 2. Defending Thunder Champs 3. Top 5 MT racers 4. Current State Champ 5. Wild West Standings
*For every category, we'll do a minimum of 8 call ups, for elite races we'll call the majority of the field up.