Post Run Party Hailey’s Harp, 400 Main St., Metuchen, NJ 08840 [next to Metuchen Train Station]
Register now at: http://www.active.com
Tired of the same old neighborhood roads, traffic, bad drivers? Join the off-road runners for a great and unusual training run. See the swamps and wooded areas saved from development. The Rumson Hash House Harriers again return to the woods and marsh of Edison. Hashing is not a race but a non-competitive group run which follows an off-road course laid out with baking flour. If you like trail running without the competition of a formal race, this will be a fun switch for you. This is a complex and different course through woods, grass, swamp and marsh. Wear old running shoes.
$20.00 Pre-registered run & party via Active.com
$25.00 Day of Event
Volunteers receive free beer, food and skull T-shirt. Please bring a can food donation for the St. James Food Bank.
A fun time is guaranteed! You must be over 21 years old to participate. No times are recorded. A sense a humor is a must. Prizes and giveaways at the post race social!
If you go the wrong way, these are POTENTIAL EXCITING DANGERS / CHALLENGES
- Get bitten by starving animals
- Slip on ice & break bones
- Cut your leg on sharp branches
- Slip on snow and break arm
- Touch 29,000 Volts of Electricity
- Run into tree branches, poke eye out
- Angry deer with huge antlers
- Fall into Stream and get swept out to ocean
- Frozen Rats & other dead animals
- Exploding gas pipelines
- Bad drivers from New York who don’t speak English