We have sent you and email with instructions on how to reset your password.
2016 "Bunny Wabbit" Run & Easter Egg Hunt
5K, 10K, 1K
Sat, Mar 26, 2016
Running-15K (Triple Wabbit Hop) - Individual Age group/open
Running-10K (Double Wabbit Hop) - Individual Age group/open
Running-5K (Single Wabbit Hop) - Individual Age group/open
Running-200m (Little Wabbit Hops) - Individual Age group/open
Running-1K - Individual Age group (10-13 years old)
About This Activity
The “Bunny Wabbit Run” is a 5k (one hop), 10k (two hops) & 15k (three hops) race, a 200m Kid’s Dash with the silly Wabbit and an Easter Egg Hunt for children ages 8 and under all in 1! Our scenic course features a few rolling hills which winds its way through the open prairies and lush green forests of the Des Plaines River (DPR) and Casey Trails in the springtime. If you’re lucky (and fast enough) you might even catch the Easter Bunny with his priced Golden Egg…if you’re lucky. Catch him-get a FREE race entry next year. What’s more-just by the race start in Independence Grove Forest Preserves is an awesome kid’s playground, a huge picnic area and a man-made beach. So, common out and bring the whole family for some fun this coming spring of 2016!
Event details and schedule
Independence Grove Forest Preserve | 16400 W Buckley Rd Libertyville, IL 60048
Lots B & C Only
There will be NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION at any of the FrogHops Races. Please REGISTER EARLY! Packet pick-ups will be available ONE WEEK before race day.
Similarly, there will be NO PACKET PICK-UPS on race day. The ONLY exceptions are the following:
a. Personal or Family Emergency
b. Although local, but live farther away
c. Out-of-State Resident
* Please coordinate accordingly with us.
NO REFUND policy, if ...
- You are a NO SHOW on the day of the event
- Registered for the WRONG race
- FrogHops has to CANCEL the event due to INCLEMENT WEATHER
- Request to CANCEL or TRANSFER A REGISTRATION within 30 days prior to race day.
* NO PETS e.g. dogs allowed in Independence Grove!
1. RACE DAY SCHEDULE
- 0630 Independence Grove Forest Preserve OPENS
- 0715-0730 Colors | Pre-Race Brief
- 0730-0830 200m Kids Dash and Easter Egg Hunt
- 0830 5k (One Hop) START
- 0900 10k (Two Hops) | 15k (Three Hops) START
- 1200 Race END
2. PACKET PICK-UP: TBA
3. TIMING: Electronically Chip Timed
4. CUT-OFF TIMES: 15k participants have 3 hours to complete the race.
5. DNF(s): MUST turn their BIBs at the Registration Table by AS No. 1
6. COURSE INFO | MAP: TBA
7. AID STATION(S): Two (2) major Aid Stations, in it will be Banana, Oranges, Water, Gatorade
8. RESTROOMS: Male/Female Restroom is WEST or to your LEFT if facing the Independence Grove “Welcome Center.”
9. WHAT TO WEAR: Come ready for COLD weather regardless of the weather forecast. This is Chicago after all … The weather does turn for the worst rather quickly!
10. WEATHER: We will post a 10 day Forecast and update YOU as necessary.
11: EACH REGISTERED PARTICIPANT WILL GET: Race Shirt and Finisher Medal
Notes / Legends
1. AS – Aid Station
2. AS No. 1 | Located by Start/Finish
3. AS No. 2 | Located by Half Marathon Halfway Point