We have sent you and email with instructions on how to reset your password.
2015 "Arctic Frog" Run | 50k, 25k, 15k
Sat, Dec 5, 2015
Running-15K (9.3 mi) - Individual
Running-25k (15.5 mi) - Individual
Running-50k (31 mi) - Individual
About This Activity
“Arctic Frog” Endurance Run is a beginner’s Ultra marathon. Make NO mistake- it will NOT be a “gimme” with a few challenges in stow (rolling hills) but fair!
This scenic course features a trilogy of pavement, wooded and crushed limestone trails that runs North and South of Des Plaines River (DPR) and Northwest Casey Trails.
What's more, if lucky-this northern Chicago suburbia turns into a "Winter Wonderland" come December each year making it a unique running experience for anyone that haven’t tried running in the cold winter months!
Event details and schedule
1. START TIME: 7:00 AM | All Race Category | 50k - Medal | 25k - Medal | 15k - Medal
2. PACKET PICK-UP: TBA
3. TIMING: Z1 Double-Sided Marathon Race Timer
4. CUT-OFF TIMES: 50k participants have 8 hours while 25k and 15k participants have 4 hours to complete the race.
- 50k participants that has NOT completed the 2nd loop by 11:00 AM will be automatically dropped to 25k and receive a mail-in 25k medal 5 weeks after the race.
- 50k runners that made the cut-off time will be allowed to finish pass 3:00 PM but NLT 4:00 PM as the Forest Preserves CLOSES around that time. For the record, he/she will be noted/marked as DNF but will be given a buckle for finishing the race.
- Similarly, IF a runner is having a "bad-day" for whatever reason and decides to drop to a lower category MUST let the RD know and receive the appropriate mail-in medal 5 weeks after the race.
- Race category DROP-DOWNS will be automatically out of the runnings for any Award, Trophy or Age Group Competition (NO award, but bragging rights).
5. DNF(s): MUST turn their BIBs at the Registration Table by AS No. 1
6. COURSE INFO: See website | http://froghopssports.squarespace.com/
7. AID STATION(S): Two (2) major Aid Stations, in it will be Music, Banana, Oranges, Pop (Soda), Cookies, GU, Chicken Broth and Ramen Noodles, Water, Accelerade, Salt Sticks, Nuun Tablets
8. RESTROOMS: Male/Female Restroom is WEST or to your LEFT if facing the Independence Grove “Welcome Center.”
9. DROP BAGS: Runners may have two (2) DROP BAGS for this race. They are at AS No. 1 and 2.
10. WHAT TO WEAR: AS Tents will have Heaters but come ready for COLD weather and running in the snow regardless of the weather forecast. This Chicago after all … The weather does turn for the worst rather quickly!
11. WEATHER: We will post a 10 day Forecast and update YOU as necessary.