We have sent you and email with instructions on how to reset your password.
2016 Women In Defense 5K Run/Walk
Sat, May 7, 2016
Lexington Park, MD
5K Run/Walk Individual Registration - Non-WID Member
5K Run/Walk Individual Registration - WID Member
About This Activity
The mission of Women In Defense (WID), A National Security Organization, is to promote and support the advancement and recognition of women in all aspects of national security. All proceeds from this event will directly benefit the 2016 WID Scholarship fund. Through the scholarship, established in 1988, WID encourages women to pursue careers related to the national security and defense interests of the United States and to provide development opportunities to women already working in national security and defense fields. The scholarship is intended to provide financial assistance to further educational objectives of women who are U.S. citizens either employed or planning careers in defense or national security areas. Since the Chesapeake Bay Chapter of WID started in 2002, we have awarded over $14,000 to deserving young women pursuing an education toward a career in national security and STEM related majors.
Event details and schedule
6:30-7:45 Race Day Registration/Check-In
8:00 5K Race Begins
* A level paved route starting at the maintenance building (course map included below). Baby joggers welcome, pets allowed.
5K Race Awards:
* Timing services will be provided by the Chesapeake Bay Running Club
* Medals will be awarded to the overall male and female finisher, and the top 3 males and female finishers in the following age categories: 12 and under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49. 50-59, and 60+.
* Water and post-race refreshments will be provided.
* Race day registration fee is $30.
* Your contribution is tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
PARK REGULATIONS/COUNTY CODES
1. Pets must be on a leash and under control at all times. Please be considerate of other trail users by cleaning up after your pet.
2. Sound amplification is prohibited.
3. Remote control cars/planes. launching model rockets, fireworks and firearms are prohibited.
4. Alcohol is prohibited.
5. Park only in designated parking spaces.
6. Park is open sunrise to sunset.
7. Destruction of park property including natural resources is prohibited.
8. Motorized vehicles are prohibited on the trail with the exception of motorized wheelchairs.