Official Site: www.GreatAmazingRace.com. “Where Smiles & Teamwork Rule the Day!” A national D.I.T. (Do-It-Together) family-friendly race modeled after the TV show THE AMAZING RACE . For teams of two people (adults & kids grades K-12)... be it friends, family members, neighbors or co-workers. It's way more fun than a 5K and a perfect birthday party idea! Run, jog or walk. How well you work together with your teammate is the most essential ingredient to winning the race!On-line registration will close once 120 team limit is reached. Sign up now, team members can be submitted on race day!
1. RACE DESCRIPTION:Modeled after the popular television show "THE AMAZING RACE", teams of two people (adult/adult, adult/kid or kid/kid) race against other teams around a one-mile cross country course completing a string of fun challenges speckled every 200 yards. Clue Cards provided at each station directs teams to perform a challenge with an emphasis on teamwork, before proceeding to the next challenge station. Teams strive to arrive at the finish line with the fastest overall time to be declared the winners. Waves begin every 10 minutes … kids teams, then adult teams.
2. RECREATION & COMPETITIVE LEVELS: Challenge stations include varying levels of difficulty- easy, intermediate and difficult - based on age and fitness level of the participants. Teams can choose Recreation or Competitive course on race day. The competitive course … for those looking for a challenge … consumes energies equivalent to that of a 5K race.
3. REGISTRATION INFO: Pairs only:adult/kid, kid/kid or adult/adult. Must be 5 years of age or older to participate. Children in Pre-K and Kindergarten must be paired with an adult. Sign up now, participant and team names can be submitted on race day.
4. TEACHER, MILITARY, LAW & FIRE DISCOUNTS: Teachers, military, law enforcement, EMS & fire departments receive special pricing through the www.GreatAmazingRace.comportal only.
5. GROUP PARTICIPATION DONATIONS: Any group, club, school or organization that has at least 10 teams participate in the Race will be receive a $100-$150 reward.
6. CHARITY PARTNER: Help us fight pediatric cancer by donating 2 pairs of used sneakers or running shoes to Max Cure Foundation's Dunk Your Kicks program and receive a free mulligan or time saver token for the race. (www.DunkYourKicks.org)
7. RACE DIVISIONS:Race divisions are determined by grade of youngest team member: Grades K-2, Grades 3-5, Grades 6-9 and Grades 10-Adult teams.
8. AWARDS:Every team that crosses the finish line gets an award to recognize their accomplishment. Medals are presented to the winners of each race division. The top 25 teams, from each local race, qualify for a Championship Race and $2,000 prize! (Spring in Kansas City / Summer in Cincinnati / Winter in New Orleans)
9. REFER A TEAM, EARN $:Refer your friends, family members, neighbors and co-workers and you will BOTH earn $5.00 worth of referral rewards that can be redeemed for merchandise at the race.
10. SPONSORSHIP: Sponsorship with THE GREAT AMAZING RACE Series offers many exciting exposure possibilities for your company. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss corporate and small business sponsorship opportunities.
Event details and schedule
Check in opens 45 minutes prior to the start of the race.