We have sent you and email with instructions on how to reset your password.
Boot Campaign Volunteering
Fri, Oct 3, 2014
About This Activity
October 3rd, 2014 Location: 8625 FM 1960 Rd W, Houston, TX 77070 • Pre Packet Pick Up ( 20 – 25 Volunteers) 10:00am – 7:00pm o On this date we will need the 20 – 25 volunteers working our race day packet pick up for October 4th and 5th to work pre packet pick up. This will give them the opportunity to learn the system for the event. October 4th & 5th, 2014 – Event Days Location: Sam Houston Race Park – 7575 N. Sam Houston Parkway W. – Houston, Tx 77064 • Obstacle Volunteers (20-25 Volunteers) 6:30am - 2:00pm (BOTH DAYS earlier release on Sunday) o This volunteer group will supervise the participants as they work their way through the obstacles. The volunteers will be equipped with walkies to page the EMS crew for any help that may be needed. o There will be one to two volunteers per an obstacle. We HIGHLY recommend bringing a packed lunch.
• Race Day Packet Pick Up (20 - 25 Volunteers) 6:30am - 2:00pm (BOTH DAYS earlier release on Sunday) o These volunteers will be working under a tent safe from the sun. Their job duties will be to help check in our participants on a surface. The volunteer group will be briefed on how to complete this task by Andy Stephens, who can be contacted via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once confirmed we will send you an instructional video going over how to check people in.
• Store (2-3 Volunteers) 6:30am - 2:00pm (BOTH DAYS earlier release on Sunday) o Here we will need trusted individuals to handle cash transactions as well as managing our square check out system. We will have our team there to oversee the transactions as well. We will teach people how to use the system.
• Finish line ( 5 Volunteers) 6:30am - 2:00pm (BOTH DAYS earlier release on Sunday) o The volunteers will be taking off chip timers from finishers, handing them medals, encouraging them to take photos at the back drop and handing them water! They will need to keep spectators away from this area.
• Kids Course (6 Volunteers) 6:30am - 2:00pm (BOTH DAYS earlier release on Sunday) o This year we are letting kids run a 100 yard dash for FREE! We need to have 6 volunteers here. Two making sure every parents signs a waiver for their children and four out on the 100 yard course helping the children. We need responsible adults here.
• Course water station (2 volunteers) 6:30am - 2:00pm (BOTH DAYS earlier release on Sunday) o We need volunteers handing out water on the course.