Hounds 4 Heroes, supporting Homes for Our Troops


Event Date

Sat, Apr 2, 2016


High Point, NC


Activity Today Later

Running-5K-walking - Hounds 4 Heroes, supporting Homes for our Troops

$25 $25 Closed

About This Activity

Please join us April 2nd, 2016 in High Point, NC, along with our canine ambassador, Blaze, for our inaugural event supporting Homes for Our Troops. This event is dog friendly and even dog preferred. All dogs will receive a free bandana with the Homes for Our Troops logo. All proceeds benefit Homes for Our Troops for the building of Garrett's new mortgage free home and homeless pets at the Randolph County Animal Shelter.




Event details and schedule

When:  April 2nd, 2016 

Time: 10am

Support what: Homes for Our Troops and The Randolph County Animal Shelter. 90% of the proceeds of the event go directly towards the cost associated with building Corporal Garrett Carnes' brand new adaptive home in Burlington with the remaining 10% going towards homeless pets.  See Garretts' story at: http://www.hfotusa.org/carnes.

Where: High Point NC Bicentennial Greenway. Starting at the Piedmont Environmental Center on Penny Rd. See our contact page for address.

How far. Approx 5K

Cost: $25.00 per person (children under 12 yrs old enter free)

Along with the most important mission of supporting our injured troops we would also like to bring awareness to homeless pets looking for a "furrrever" home. So with this event we will be combining both causes.

The event will be held along the High Point Bicentennial Greenway starting at the Piedmont Environmental Center. If you dont have your own dog to bring along, thats OK as we are partnering with a local shelter which is going to bring a few of their own that would love nothing more than a hike along the greenway or Deep River trail. 

There is additional parking in the parking overflow area (see map).

The event is on the Bicentennial Greenway. There is an option to walk/run a portion of this on the Deep River Trail, this courses along High Point Lake. However, this is a single track down and back and could get a little congested.

Discuss This Activity