Mammoth Beer Mile & 5K - Individual Age group/open
After Party Only- Tshirt Included! - Individual Age group/open
Designated Driver FREE - Individual Age group/open
About This Activity
Mammoth Beer Mile
Join FTC Events and the Rotary Club of Westmoreland for our first annual Mammoth Beer Mile & 5K. Come early and run the 5K then give the Beer Mile a try,just come for the Beer Mile, or the after party! Participants will need to chug 1 beer every quarter mile for a total of 4 beers. We are an official Beer Mile event, results will be listed on Beermile.com lets get competitive!
Beer will be provided by Rivertowne Brewing! Food will be provided by Fischer Nutrition! The after party will be held at the venue and is included with your ticket. Let's have some fun.
All official standard races need to adhere to all of the below. For alternate events and rulesets, see our popular variations list.
1. Each competitor drinks four cans of beer and runs four laps, ideally on a track (start - beer, then lap, then beer, then lap, then beer, then lap - finish).
2. Beer must be consumed before the lap is begun, within the transition area which is the 10 meter zone before the start/finish line on a 400m track.
3. The race begins with the drinking of the first beer in the last meter of the transition zone to ensure the comptitors run a complete mile (1609 meters).
4. Women also drink four beers in four laps (past rule lists only required ladies to drink three beers).
5. Competitors must drink canned beer and the cans should not be less than 355ml (the standard can volume) or 12oz (the imperial equivalent). Bottles may be substituted for cans as long as they are at least 12 oz (355 ml) in volume.
6. No specialized cans or bottles may be used that give an advantage by allowing the beer to pour at a faster rate. ie "super mega mouth cans" or "wide mouth bottles" are prohibited.
7. Beer cans must not be tampered with in any manner, ie. no shotgunning or puncturing of the can except for opening the can by the tab at the top. The same applies with bottles - no straws or other aids are allowed in order to aid in the speed of pouring.
8. Beer must be a minimum of 5% alcohol by volume. Hard ciders and lemonades will not suffice. The beer must be a fermented alcoholic beverage brewed from malted cereal grains and flavored with hops. For an abbreviated list of valid beers and exceptions, click here.
9. Each beer can must not be opened until the competitor enters the transition zone on each lap.
10. Competitors who vomit before they finish the race must complete one penalty lap at the end of the race (immediately after the completion of their 4th lap). Note: Vomitting more than once during the race still requires only one penalty lap at the end. * It is strongly recommended, when attempting official records, to tip the empty beer can or bottle over your head at the end of a chug to verify an empty vessel.
Event details and schedule
BEER MILE & 5K SCHEDULE
IF YOUR DOING BOTH select the 5K and Beer Mile option for $60.00 and indicate your heat time on the questionaire.
IF YOUR ONLY DOING BEER MILE register for the heat you want using the registration categories.
IF YOU ONLY WANT TO PARTY: register for the after party, if you'd like to volunteer too please let us know! We can cut you a discount.
The 5K will start promptly at 9:00am. The course will be laid out in an out and back sort of lollipop format check the website for the map, elevation, yada yada...or just show up. Get out your short shorts and sweat bands.
- Registration/Packet Pick Up Opens: 8:00am
- Safety Meeting: 8:50am
- 9:00am START
MAMMOTH BEER MILE: HEATS START 11:00AM
This event will be done in heats so we don't have people bunched up around the lake. Each heat will hold 25 people. If you are seriously trying to win the beer mile and get your name on the Offical Beermile.com website please choose the 1st heat at 11:00am. If this category is filled and you would still like to compete to win please pick the next earliest time avalible. We are trying to have people run together at similar paces. The earlier you go the faster you should be. If you sign up for the For Fun Class please try to be done within 20 minutes.
If your in it for the fun:
In the event that you start a heat and do not finish before the heat after you begins you will be expected to yield to runners if you are in their way. We don't care if it takes you an hour the point is to have fun just let the people being competitive have their space.
Packet pick up opens for all heats: 9:00am
What you Need:
- A valid ID showing you are 21 if you are doing BEER MILE, it must be current.
- Your Liability Waiver
- Running Shoes, at least your underwear.
Please arrive to check in for your heat a minmum of 30 minutes prior to the start. The first heat will start at 11:00AM sharp.
You will get your race number, pins and your shirt at packet pick up.
Participants will run the loop inside the grandstands at the Westmoreland Fairgrounds Grandstand. This loop is .25 miles. Each time you see the BEER TABLE you will need to chug. The format goes as follows: START/CHUG, RUN/CHUG, RUN/CHUG, RUN/CHUG/FINISH. The rules state that if you do ineed vomit on the course you will be asked to run an additional .25 miles, so don't vom we don't want to see that.
Registration will be located at our tent. We will have signs and a map.
There are various parking lots around the grounds. Please visit our website for a detailed map of the Start/Finish and parking options for both the 5K and Beer Mile.