Mon, May 25, 2015
Wheels 4 Hope charity bike ride
Monday, May 25th - Memorial Day!
Right before the ride, we will award beautifully refurbished automobiles to veterans who have worked & contributed to this goal. Great stuff!
Then the bicycles riders will start their fun jaunt in the countryside north of Greensboro, returning to a great lunch by East Coast Wings & Grill and the camaraderie of area cyclists.
NEWS! Now there will be post-ride live music by The Tyler Millard Band!http://www.thetylermillardband.com/
* Choose from 4 ride distances along well marked routes.
- 6 miles This is a great family ride through quiet neighborhoods. http://ridewithgps.com/routes/4661004
- 13.3 miles Take a relaxed tour of the lake region along the north side of Greensboro. http://ridewithgps.com/routes/4660971
- 33.6 miles This is a scenic and fun ride up through Brown Summit. http://ridewithgps.com/routes/4660912
- 63.8 miles This is a complete loop that goes far north and skirts Reidsville. It's quite a beautiful route and a challenge for experienced riders. http://ridewithgps.com/routes/4658923
* Great munchies at the rest stops and after the ride!
* "Sag wagon" support along the way.
* Pre-ride mechanical support by cycles de ORO bike shop technicians.
* Sign-in open at: 7 AM All riders off: 9 AM
* Start/Finish: 4747 Lake Brandt Road, Greensboro (Special Thanks to Westminster Presbyterian Church, Lake Brandt Campus) Here is a link to the Google map: http://goo.gl/maps/OyPt2
* All participants will need to complete and sign a waiver on the morning of the event.
* Adult entry: $25 (with early registration. $30 day-of-event) * Youth entry: $10 (14 & under, with early registration. $15 day-of-event)
* Youth riders will need a parent or guardian to complete and sign that waiver for the young person
* For safety reasons, the parent or guardian must accompany the youth rider at all times during the ride.
Questions or would like to help sponsor this event?
Contact: Wheels4Hope, 4006 Burlington Road, Greensboro, 27405
Tawanna Jones 336-355-9130 or Deborah Bryant email@example.com