We have sent you and email with instructions on how to reset your password.
Volunteers for the Susan G. Komen West Michigan Race For The Cure ONLY
Sat, Sep 15, 2018
Grand Rapids, MI
About This Activity
ABOUT THE EVENT This important annual event raises significant funds for the breast cancer movement, thanks to supporters and survivors around the world who step up and take action by fundraising for the cause.
A Global Impact Our event truly makes an impact, with 100 percent of the net proceeds allocated to our mission:
75 percent of the net income stays in our community to help fund local programs offering breast health education and breast cancer screening and treatment. The remaining 25 percent goes toward Susan G. Komen® Research and Training Grants program. In addition to raising funds for the breast cancer movement, our event also increases awareness, celebrates breast cancer survivorship and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease.
More Than Pink™ Every year, in cities around the globe, our allies join us and prove they are More Than Pink™.
These passionate supporters and survivors are not content to simply say they support the breast cancer cause or wear a pink ribbon. They turn their support into action. They recognize the need to raise funds for the fight against breast cancer, and they get to work.
I Am Komen® is the mission engagement program of the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® Series that motivates people to take action steps that may reduce their risk of breast cancer. It speaks to the importance of early detection and healthy living while encouraging everyone to make a personal commitment to their breast health. I Am Komen® is a “Declaration” to join the Komen community as an ambassador in the fight against breast cancer.
What you can do to help For more information about the I Am Komen® program, breast health information, and ways that you can personally get involved, please visit iamkomen.org. If you’re interested in learning more about volunteer opportunities at our Race, including becoming an I Am Komen® volunteer, please contact us or visit our Volunteer page. Our I Am Komen® program is ideal for volunteers of all ages seeking to get involved in the Komen Race for the Cure®.