We have sent you and email with instructions on how to reset your password.
Hope Glows 5K Fun Run and Walk 2016
Sat, Jun 11, 2016
Grand Island, NE
5K Fun Run and Walk - Adult Registration - age 13 and over
5K Fun Run and Walk - Youth Registration- age 12 and under
5K Fun Run and Walk - Team Discount (Requires 4 Participants)
Volunteer Registration - Volunteer Registration
About This Activity
Anything neon glows! Please join us at the Riverway Trail on the hike and bike trail system in Grand Island on Saturday, June 11, 2016 as we enjoy a great night of fun and fellowship with friends and family.
The Hope Glows 5K Fun Run and Walk is an opportunity for you to help to raise funds to support the local American Cancer Society and the Relay For Life of Hall County. The American Cancer Society is the leading nonprofit organization fighting cancer in the United States. The Relay For Life is a life-changing event that brings together more than 3.5 million people around the world to celebrate the lives of those who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and empower individuals and communities to fight back against a disease that takes too much.
Each year, approximately 8,765 Nebraskans are diagnosed with cancer. Through the generosity of the Hall County community, you are helping support the mission of the American Cancer Society by helping people Stay Well by preventing cancer or detecting it early; helping people Get Well by being there for them during and after a cancer diagnosis; by Finding Cures through investment in groundbreaking discoveries; and by Fighting Back by rallying lawmakers to pass laws to defeat cancer and by rallying communities worldwide to join the fight!
Help finish the fight against cancer!
Event details and schedule
Friday, June 10, 2016
4:30pm to 6:30pm - Packet Pick-Up at Grand Island Central Catholic in the lobby area on the east side of the school
Saturday, June 11, 2016
4:30pm to 8:30pm - Packet Pick-Up and Same-Day Registration at Wal-Mart South near the southwest corner of the parking lot. No early arrivals. Thank you.
8:30pm - Registration Closes
9:15pm - Announcements
9:30pm - Fun Run and Walk Begins
10:45pm - Prizes and Awards
11:00pm - Riverway Trail Closes
* No Rain Date, No Refunds - Springtime in Nebraska means severe weather is possible. If the weather becomes unsafe due to impending thunderstorms or lightening, the fun run/walk will be cancelled. We want to protect the health and well-being of our runners and walkers! Please be sure to check your email (the email you provide when you register) for more information should the skies look threatening.
* Registration fees increase and t-shirts will NOT be guaranteed after May 21, 2016, so be sure to sign up before then! Online registration closes on June 4, 2016 at 11:59pm.
* Some of the stations along the trail will have a new look. We are constantly trying to improve your glow run fun experience! Glow games and music will also be available for your entertainment before the glow run starts.
* Glow body paint will be available for a small donation. A black light photo booth will be available for free for photos after the run. Come prepared for this added fun!
* The more neon or white items you wear, the more you will glow. If you wish, you can wear your wackiest cancer fighting costume. There may even be a prize for the top costume!
* Headphones will not be needed; music will be playing along the route to keep the energy level high! It is important that you be able to hear others. Please no pets. There will be music and bright lights along the trail. Pets may become frightened and react negatively in a large crowd. Since we will have lots of runners and walkers along the trail at one time, please be patient at the start of the run/walk. This event will NOT be officially timed; please enjoy a fun night with friends and family. If you choose to pass others on the trail, please follow the standard trail etiquette and pass on the left, announcing your presence to other runners and walkers as you approach. Those with strollers, please start toward the back of the pack and respect all trail etiquette and move to single file when runners approach.
* Free parking will be available at Wal-Mart South.