The Loco Go Big or Go Home Challenge 10k, Half Marathon & 50k

10K, Half Marathon, Marathon, 5K

Event Date

Sat, May 30, 2015


Forest Ranch, CA


Activity Today Later

The loco Go Big or Go Home 10k - 10k

$30 $35 Closed

The Loco Go Big or Go Home Half Marathon - Half Marathon

$60 $70 Closed

The Loco Go Big or Go Home 50k Ultra Challenge - 50k Ultra Marathon

$85 $95 Closed

The Loco Go Big or Go Home 5kBEER5k (walk/jog/run) - 5kBeer5k (walk/jog/run)

$35 $40 Closed

About This Activity

Are you up for the challenge?

Mark your calendars for Saturday, May 30th, 2015

because this 10k, Half Marathon & 50k Ultra race

will not be one to miss!

The Loco Go Big or Go Home Challenge allows you to get loco on 3 different levels, with three different distance adventure runs! 

Each course is located on the nothwest side of The Loco 200 Relay course area, in gorgeous Butte Meadows, Northern California (near Chico). 

Each distance starts & finishes at the Bambi Inn where runners and volunteers can enjoy an all day breakfast hosted by 6th Street Center for Youth and The Loco Crew!

Not a runner but want to support some great non profit organizations? Join us for the 5kBEER5k! Participants of all ages will walk, jog or run the out and back 10k course with one fun and exciting difference! At the turn around point (end of the first 5k), participants are invited to take a load off and join us for a tasty beer, or refreshing non alcoholic beverage, at The Loco 6 Hydration Garden. Here The Loco 6 Hydration Garden intercepts all three race courses and participants can relax in the shade of the garden tent while they cheer on other runners from the 10k, half marathon and 50k ultra marathon. Leashed, non aggressive breed dogs are also welcome to join in the fun on this course!

A portion of the proceeds from this event go to National Forest Foundation - Wildfire Recovery Fund California and 6th Street Center for Youth (local organization in Chico, Ca).

 Come enjoy another opportunity to run through

Lassen National Forest!

Event details and schedule

Don't forget to like us on Facebook to keep up with everything Loco!

Start, End & Cut Off Times:

10k & 5kBeer5k: 8am-3pm (Volunteers will close down the turn around point at the 5kBeer5k Hydration Garden at 1:30pm)

Half Marathon: 7:30-11:30am

50k Ultra Marathon: 7am-4pm (9 Hour, strict cut off)

*At mile 20.8 (turn around station) runners must arrive no later than 1:05pm to continue the race.



10k & 5kBEER5k: The entire course is dirt and gravel forestry roads (no single track). Enjoy the fresh mountain air as you take in the beautiful views of Lassen National Forest. The first half of this course is a gradual, steady ascent to the turn around point, where you can enjoy picking up the pace on the gradual, steady downhill to the finish line! Starting elevation is 4337ft, reaching its highest elevation at 4777ft. Elevation gain/loss: 538/-538ft

Half Marathon: This course is approximately 30% dirt and gravel roads forestry roads (no single track), with some of the most incredible views around. Runners will have the opportunity to conquer the Jonesville Beast at mile 5, with a downhill reprieve at mile 7! The other 70% of this course is laid out on a beautiful paved course, through Lassen National Forest, that winds you past quaint cabins and over creeks, to the finish line. Starting elevation is 4337ft, reaching its highest elevation at 5354ft. Elevation gain/loss: 1406/-1406ft

50k Ultra Marathon:  This course is on close to to 80% dirt and gravel forestry roads (no single track) through breathtaking Lassen National Forest and surrounding areas, while the other almost 20% of the course is some of the most beautiful paved areas of Lassen National Forest you could ask for. This course is filled with rolling hills and has several big ones to get your heart pumping, including the Jonesville Beast at mile 15! At mile 22.5, you begin your steady descent downhill to the finish line! Starting elevation is 4337ft, reaching its highest elevation at 5812ft. Elevation gain/loss: 3095/-3095ft

Please visit our website for a map of each course.!course-info/c1u24

Arrival Info:

Please Arrive with enough time to park and use the restroom before your distances start time! The Loco crew suggests arriving at least 30 minutes prior to your start time.



There will be a marked parking area very close to the start line (around the Bambi Inn) however, it may take a few minutes to find a a spot and the lot may fill quickly, so please take this into consideration when planning your arrival time. Additional parking is available on side streets around the start line. Please consider carpooling with other participants.


The average temperature in Butte Meadows, Ca in May is 51 Degrees. Lows of 35 during this time of year are common at night and early morning and there is a chance that it may rain, there might be some mud or puddles or there may still be some small patches of snow on the ground around the sides of the course. It is also entirely possible that race day will be a beautiful, clear day with blue skies and no rain,mud, puddles or snow! Remember, The Loco Go Big or Go Home Challenge is a fun adventure run so bring layers, an extra change of socks and a flexible can do attitude!


As with any race, please be sure to bring your ID with you.

There will be an all day breakfast provided at the finish line from 9:00am-5:30pm on race day (included in your registration). You can purchase extra meal tickets for your non runner/non volunteer friends or family by emailing

We always welcome volunteers. If you know someone who is interested in helping out and would like to enjoy the all day breakfast, in a fun and beautiful setting, please have them email!

Packet Pick-up will be at Fleet Feet in Chico, Ca. Date and time TBA We will post it via our Facebook page and email date/time to registered participants.

Please check out our website for more details, course maps etc at:!the-loco-go-big-or-go-home-challenge/cegq 

Discuss This Activity