Sat, Oct 26, 2019
Eau Claire, WI
The races start and finish at the Paul Bunyan Logging Camp in Carson Park, Eau Claire, Wisconsin.
Packet pickup/in-person signup 4-7 pm Friday, Oct. 25th at the Paul Bunyan Logging Camp.
Race-day signup/packet pickup 6 am to 8 am at the Paul Bunyan Logging Camp
5K, 10-mile, and 2-person 10-mile relay start at 8:30 a.m.
Kid's 1/4-mile and 1-mile BOO-gie Run starts at 10:30 am
Halloween Costume Contest/Awards Ceremony starts at 11 am
Pancake breakfast--included with entry--is from 8:30 am to 11:30 am
The 5K, 10 mile and kid's BOO-gie Run (1/4-mile and 1-mile) start near the Paul Bunyan Logging Camp/Chippewa Valley Museums in Carson Park.
Exchange zone for the 2-person 10-mile relay is on the trail just behind Roadside Diner (formerly Dairy Queen) on Menomonie Street, with each leg approximately 5 miles.
1. Start on E. Half Moon Dr. adjacent to softball fields
2. North on Half Moon Dr., around back of park
3. Turn east on road/path that parallels Pavilion Dr. and passes in front of rest room
4. Turn south on sidewalk that goes in front of football/baseball stadiums
5. Cross Carson Park Dr. at crosswalk between stadium and Pavilion Dr.
6. Go right/south on trail towards Dairy Queen/Roadside Diner
7. Veer left (south, then east) on road toward Chippewa Valley Train Depot/Museum
8. Continue to end of road, turn around, and return to Carson Park Dr., crossing at the same crosswalk between stadium and Pavilion Dr.
9. Follow sidewalk in front of baseball and football stadiums to Pavilion Dr.
10. Turn west on road/path that parallels Pavilion Dr. and passes in front of rest room
11. Turn right (north) on East Half Moon Dr. and follow it around the back side of the park to finish in front of Chippewa Valley Museum
2. North on Half Moon Dr. around back of park
6. Go right/south on trail towards Dairy Queen
7. Turn left (north) on trail toward Lakeshore Park/Elementary
8. Follow trail to Cameron Street
9. Turn left (west) on sidewalk along Cameron St.
10. Merge onto bike/pedestrian lane on south side of Cameron, heading west (against traffic)
11. Turn left (southwest) on sidewalk into Lakeview Cemetery at Buffington Dr.
12. Follow sidewalk west to Buffington Park and then sidewalk/trail south to Rod and Gun Park Dr.
13. Turn right/west on Rod and Gun Park Dr.
14. Turn left/south on Park Ridge Dr.
15. Turn left/south on sidewalk bordering N. Clairemont
16. Turn left/east on sidewalk bordering Menomonie St./in front of YMCA tennis left
17. Turn left/north on sidewalk bordering Carson Park Dr.
18. Cross Carson Park Dr. and turn left onto trail (this is the 5 mile mark)
19. Repeat steps 8 thru 17, making another loop of Carson Park/Half Moon Lake
20. Follow trail back into Carson Park the same way that participants came out, crossing Carson Park Dr. at the same crosswalk
21. Follow sidewalk in front of baseball and football stadiums to Pavilion Dr.
22. Turn left (west) onto sidewalk that goes in front of restrooms and follow west to Half Moon Dr.
23. Turn right (north) on Half Moon Dr. and follow around the backside of the park heading north, east, and then south to the finish at the Chippewa Valley Museum