We have sent you and email with instructions on how to reset your password.
2nd Annual Toast to Trails - Cycle & Sip
Sat, May 16, 2015
About This Activity
Ride the American Tobacco Trail and enjoy wine tasting and lunch on May 16, 2015 in support of NC Rail-Trails — at Cloer Family Vineyards.
This bicycle ride boasts a 36-mile round trip ride on the American Tobacco Trail (ATT). The half-way point features a stop at Cloer Family Vineyards for lunch, music, and wine tasting. Sights along the way include the American Tobacco Campus, 17 miles along the ATT, and the new bike-ped bridge over I-40. And if 18-miles is enough for you, there will be a shuttle available to return you and your bike to your car (see below).
This exclusive event is 95% off-road and is limited to 200 riders. Proceeds will benefit North Carolina Rail-Trails, the statewide nonprofit land trust dedicated to preserving rail corridors and creating rail-trails for public use.
NC Rail-Trails thanks you for registering for the 2nd Annual Toast to Trails! We're excited you're joining us for this festive event - we've waited a long time for all of the pieces to come together to make this event possible. Trail + vineyard + bridge over I-40 = Toast to Trails!
Here are a few tips to keep in mind to help your day go smoothly..
Safety - HELMETS REQUIRED!
• Please exercise caution at all times and follow bike traffic rules and regulations. http://www.ncdot.gov/bikeped/download/bikeped_laws_guidebook-full.pdf
• The ride is 95% on the ATT and 5% on road. We will be crossing at several intersections however. Please plan to stop at intersections and proceed with caution.
• We will have an experienced lead bike as well as 2 experienced sweepers on bikes. There will be directional signs along the route.
• You will receive a Road ID bib at check-in. Emergency contact information will be located on the bib in case you get lost or break-down.
• There will be limited supplies/equipment for repairs.
Check-in and Walk-On Registration
• Saturday, May 16 @ the American Tobacco Trail (ATT) trailhead, corner of Blackwell St and Morehead Ave. in Durham, NC 8:30 am - 9:30 am.
• Cloer Family Vineyard is located at 8624 Castleberry Rd, Apex, NC 27523
• All riders leave Cloer Family Vineyard no later than 1:00pm. All riders should return to ATT trailhead no later than 2:30pm.
• We'll have your wine glass waiting for you at the finish area. If you purchase wine, we'll have it waiting for you as well.
• Not up for the ride, but want to enjoy wine and lunch in a beautiful setting to support NC Rail-Trails? This year we are offering a vineyard-only ticket just for you!
• Free parking available in the American Tobacco Campus South deck near Mellow Mushroom. 705 Willard Street in Durham, 27701.
• Free street parking available on Willard and Blackwell Streets. If you rack your bike on top of your car please plan to use street parking.
Lunch & Wine Tasting
• Enjoy a lovely lunch of salad, pasta, bread and tea on the beautiful grounds of Cloer Family Vineyards.
• Please bring your ID to enjoy the Cloer Family Vineyard wine tasting.
• Music and a special celebration of NC Rail-Trails 25th Anniversary will round out the festivities
Weather - we don't think this will be an issue...but just in case!
• Toast to Trails will go on rain or shine. In case of rain, we'll still be serving lunch and hosting the wine tasting at Cloer Family Vineyard from 11 am - 1pm.
• If the ride should be canceled, delayed or postponed for any reason outside the direct control of the Race Director (inclement weather; Local, State, or National emergency; or conditions on the route), refunds will not be given, but arrangements will be made for participants to pick up their wine glasses.
Other good stuff to know
• Bring a water bottle! We'll have water available at the start/finish area and at the vineyard.
• Don't forget sunscreen
• You can purchase wine at the vineyard. Bring some extra cash or credit card, we'll haul it back for you in the "wine wagon"!
• We have partnered with Greenway Transit to provide a shuttle service for you and your bike back to Durham if needed. The price is $20/person to shuttle. The Greenway Transit folks will be at the vineyard on call for anyone who wants a ride back - no need to preregister for the shuttle.
Questions? Please contact Emily Herbert at email@example.com or 919-399-5214