We have sent you and email with instructions on how to reset your password.
Empower House Spooktacular 5K Run/Walk
Fri, Oct 30, 2020
About This Activity
Hello Empower House friends! Are you ready to support the only brain injury clubhouse in the State of Iowa while getting your Halloween on this year??? Then get ready to partake in the Empower House Spooktacular Virtual 5K Run/Walk! Bring your family and friends out, dress up in fun Halloween costumes and run/walk for a purpose.
Have a spooktacular great time this Halloween by dressing up and running or walking a 5K. Can't make it the whole 5K - no problem go as far as you want as long as you have fun doing it! Don’t have a costume? Don’t worry, just wear the race shirt provided in your pre-race packet! Let’s bring our community together through these unprecedented times!
So how does the virtual 5K work?
1. Sign up on this website. You must create an account on the race site before signing up.
2. Sign up any additional friends and family. Registration fees are $30 per person.You will be asked to add a donation during the registration process. This is a donation in addition to registration fees. Any additional donations are appreciated, but not required. The added donation is OPTIONAL. You may choose to skip this during registration by clicking continue.
3. Stop by Empower House to pick up your pre-race packet. If you do not live in the Quad Cities area and would like your race packet mailed to you, contact Empower House at firstname.lastname@example.org. Shipping costs may apply.
Curbside Race pick-up packet location:
Curbside race packet pickup will take place in front of Empower House, on the corner of Main St. and 2nd in Davenport, IA.
131 W. 2nd St., Suite 305
Davenport, IA 52801
Race pick-up packet times:
October 29: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
When you arrive at our location please call 563-232-1002 to let us know you are out front! Your packet will include a complimentary race T-shirt, a listing of social media sites to share photos of your run or walk, a sign to optionally wear or carry promoting Empower House and a maybe even some Halloween goodies! You must register by October 21, 2020 to guarantee a complimentary race shirt in your packet.
4. On the weekend of Halloween, run or walk any place of your choosing in your race shirt or a costume and just HAVE FUN! Make the most of this Halloween!
5. If you choose, share the fun by posting photos or comments to social media using the hashtag #EHspooktacular5K #EmpowerHouse5K #EmpowerHouse #5K , it’s that simple! IN CASE OF INCLEMENT WEATHER: Since this race is virtual, you may participate on a different day of your choosing if the weather is not ideal during our noted race times.
Why Support Empower House
Empower House — A Brain Injury Clubhouse of the Quad Cities is a place where people with brain injuries age 18 and over come to be productive and enjoy contributing to a common cause. Empower House provides an environment to learn work and life skills that contribute to community as well as feel a sense of belonging and purpose. The Clubhouse model began in 1948. Now there are more than 300 Clubhouses around the world. Nearly 30 of these clubhouses focus on people with brain injuries, but Empower House is the first and only brain injury Clubhouse in Iowa.
-95,000 Iowans are currently living with long-term disabilities as a result of an acquired brain injury. Source: BIAIA, 2018 -The annual cost (in medical expenses and lost productivity) of traumatic brain injuries nationwide exceeds $76.5 billion. Source: CDC, 2017 - Traumatic brain injuries disable 6x more people each year than spinal cord injuries, multiple sclerosis, HIV/AIDS, and breast cancer combined. Source: CDC, 2017