ALL FINISHERS IN ALL EVENTS RECEIVE A 10TH ANNIVERSARY FINISHER MEDAL THIS YEAR!!
LOCATION - Dalton Elementary and Middle School! 250 North Church Street, Dalton. The 5k and 10k courses are USATF certified.
10th Annual, fun-filled, family event created to raise money for leukemia research and benefit local families with leukemia. This is the race to be at this fall if you are looking to help a good cause, run/walk a fun course, and participate in fun fall festivities! We have a 5k, 10k, 2-Mile, a Kid's Fun Run and 25/50/10 bike rides to draw participants of all ages and abilities, plus tons of food, prizes, giveaways, one of the best goodie bags and a race expo! YOU CAN ALSO ADD AN ADDITIONAL DONATION IF YOU WISH BY CLICKING ON THE DONATE TAB!
About This Event: This race was founded by the Dalessandro family in memory of their son and brother, Rich Dalessandro. Rich passed away after a strong battle with leukemia on April 29, 2007. The race will run throughout the Village of Dalton, where Rich was from. Proceeds will go to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to help fund research for this disease and local families battling leukemia.This year's race recipients are: Theresa Rummell from Smithville and Aiden Elder from Cortland. There will be fun for everyone with a DJ, raffles, donuts & cider, and much more! Post-race massages will again be offered this year to participants! There will be multiple basket raffles and you can purchase tickets to benefit the above mentioned causes.
NEW THIS YEAR: 1. It's our 10th Anniversary, so we are celebrating by giving FINISHER MEDALS for all! 2. Addition of the 10K event! 3. TIMED Bike events!
Special Features: 1. Age-Based Pricing!: 17 and under get $5 off regular registration!
2. Running/walking events: 5K, 10K, 2-Mile Run, 2-Mile Walk *Please note that in the 2-Mile, if you plan to run or run/walk, you must sign up for the RUN in that event. Sign up for the WALK if you are going to walk the entire event. Special bibs will be given to all who sign up for the walk to identify that you are walking, not running. This is to ensure that those getting the overall walk awards are walking, not running.
3. 50/25/10 mile bike rides: Again this year, we are teaming up with the cycling folks at Team in Training to offer this unique biking opportunity! All 3 distances will be timed and feature an awesome course through the countryside! Participants will pick up their registration packets in the gymnasium. The course will begin in the parking lot in front of the Dalton Elementary & Middle school. Maps will be distributed and the course will be clearly marked. We will have water/food stations and SAG vehicles throughout the course. HELMETS ARE REQUIRED! Bikers can enjoy all the post-race festivities before or after their ride! All bikers will receive a t-shirt (short sleeve tech or long-sleeve cotton), a goodie bag, and finisher medal! Bikers are also eligible for the incentive category: My Longest Bike Ride! Everyone in this incentive category will get a prize. Be sure to visit the incentive booth at the race to pick up your prize. The 25 and 50 mile bike rides will be through the rolling countryside, while the 10-Mile Family Bike Ride will be mainly on the Sippo Valley Trail. Maps can be found below. Bikers must obey all traffic laws.
4. VIRTUAL Run/Walk/Bike Category: For those who can't make it to the race, or are out of the area/state who want to help the cause. Sign up for the VIRTUAL category and run/walk/bike on your own time, in your own area. Submit your time via email to the race director and we will mail you a finisher medal! This is a great way to help and participate, even if you can't physically be at the race. You must submit your time by 11:59PM on November 6. *Please note that there are no shirts, incentives, or goodie bags for this event. However, you will receive a finisher medal after completing your event. Be sure to sign up under the VIRTUAL RUN/WALK/BIKE category. **Also note that if you want to be counted for a team in the Team Challenge, you must email your completion of event by Friday, November 3, at 5pm.
5. FREE Kids' Fun Run! The Kid's Fun Run is a free event for kids age 6 and under. Kids will run approximately 200-400 meters with Tom the Turkey, cross the race finish line, and get an award and goodie bag! Parents may run with their child in this event if they wish. Optional t-shirts are available for $5 each! (*Please note that sizes may vary to a larger size on race day depending on shirt inventory)
6. Team Challenge: Largest three teams win no matter the time or event! Gather up everyone you know to be on your team. Participants can do either the 5k, 2-mile run, 2-mile walk, 50/25/10 bike events, or the Virtual run/walk/bike. Each team member signs up individually for their event and can create/join a team when registering for the event. Get your friends and/or co-workers together, come up with a unique team name, and come on out! Team members must cross the finish line at the race to count! Virtual members must turn in their completion of event by Friday, Nov 3, at 5pm.
The biggest team gets a family-style dinner at Das Dutch Kitchen and a plaque! The second and third biggest team will receive a pizza party. AGAIN THIS YEAR: We will then draw one team from random to receive a pizza party! So no matter what size your team is, you can still win! Gather up anyone you can find for your team, even if it is just a few people! Top three teams will be listed on the results.
Your team leader should create the team and then you can choose it from the dropdown list of existing teams so that no spelling errors occur! After clicking event to register, select your event from the dropdown menu. To be added to a team, you then must click the brown box titled "TEAM CHALLENGE" to the right of the screen. Select a team from the dropdown menu or create your own team.
7. Incentive Categories: Everyone in the following categories of both the 5k and 2-Mile gets a prize just for showing up and completing your event: Jogging Stroller, My 1st 5k, Pregnant/Postpartum, Cancer Survivor, Wheelchair, My Longest Bike Ride. Be sure to stop at the Incentive Category booth at the registration area on race day to pick up your prize!
***Note: If you enter the jogging stroller division (or bring your child in a stroller) please do not enter the child you are pushing in the race. We are awarding age group awards for young kids this year and don't want the results to be skewed. Thanks!
8. Awards/Giveaways: All runners and walkers preregistered by October 21 will receive a short-sleeve tech or long-sleeve cotton T-shirt. Shirts may still be available for those registering after this point, but there is no guarantee and will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Top 3 overall male/female of the 5k, 10k, 2-Mile Run, 2-Mile Walk, Master's 5k (40 & over), Master's 2-Mile (40 & over) get a wooden plaque, a Vertical Runner gift cert and a massage gift certificate! Overall male/female winner of the Walk get a Garmin watch! Unique wooden medals created by Star Laser will be given to the top 3 in each of the following 5k and 2-mile run/walk age groups: 1-9, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, and 70 & older, and in the 10k in the following age groups: 1-14,15-19,20-29,30-39,40-49,50-59,60-69,70 & older. There will also be awards for the oldest and youngest participants. Overall winners of the 50 and 25 Bike Events will receive an award.
Participants can also enjoy Lerch's donuts and cider, chocolate milk, apples/bananas & more, and will be entered into drawings for a variety of giveaways. Each participant will also receive a large “Goodie Bag.” Participants will also get a tear-off coupon for a free 6-inch sub at Subway!
9. PR Bell and Certificates: Again this year we will have a bell you can ring if you set a personal record (PR) on the course! Also, certificates will be available for those setting a PR! Certificates will be available after the race and we will sign it and put your name/time on the certificate.
10. ADDITIONAL FRIDAY PACKET-PICKUP: available from 5:30-7pm the day before the race on Friday, November 6 in the gymnasium. Please note that there is no spaghetti dinner this year. Packet pick-up will also be available as usual on race day.
**Please note that you must be present or send a representative to packet pickup either Friday or on race day. We do not save packets or shirts for those who do not pick up those days. **Register early and SAVE! Race day registration is available, but price increases to $35 on race day.
Want FREE ENTRY into the race?? Here's how:
Option #1: Become a Fundraiser! When registering for your event, click the option to "Become a Fundraiser" and be a part of Michele's Miles for a Cure! Once you raise $100, we will refund your entry fee into the race! But feel free to raise as much as possible! There will be a special plaque given to the participant who raises the most money! This category is an official part of our race and will be part of the proceeds raised for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and our local families. All funds raised should be submitted through the online fundraising option in order to have your entry fee refunded. Now family and friends can donate directly to you through this website! Quick and easy! (Please note the price increases over time. Registration fee will only be refunded in the amount you originally paid. Processing fees are not included.)
Option #2: Refer 5 Friends: Choose this option when registering and you will be issued a coupon code. When 5 of your friends that you refer register under this coupon code, you will get free entry into the race! (Please note the price increases over time. Registration fee will only be refunded in the amount you originally paid. Processing fees are not included.)