We have sent you and email with instructions on how to reset your password.
Fair Park Celebrity 5K Walk*Run*Bike Ride
5K, 1 Mile
Sat, Jun 7, 2014
About This Activity
There is something amazing happening in the South Dallas community! It’s the Fair Park Celebrity 5K Walk*Run*Bike Ride.
The 1st Annual Fair Park Celebrity 5K Walk*Run*Bike Ride takes place at the scenic Fair Park brimming with Art Deco statues, murals, and buildings dating back to the 1930s, when the park was the site of a World Fair celebrating The Republic of Texas’s centennial. During the Fair Park Celebrity 5K Walk*Run*Bike Ride, modern-day runners, walkers and bikers enjoy views of these historic landmarks
The Fair Park Celebrity 5K Walk*Run*Bike Ride is a festive family-oriented event, where participants can walk, run or bike creating a culture of good health and wellness in the South Dallas and Fair Park communities. In addition, participants are invited to take part in the Health & Wellness Expo which will provide awareness and information about the importance of maintaining active, health lifestyles. Other activities include Rodeo Camp 101, Finish Line Celebrations, Awards, Refreshments and Free Bike Helmets to the first 100 registered riders
5K Fun Run and Walk for all ages
Fun Bike Ride for all ages
1 Mile Fun Run and Walk
Health & Wellness Expo
Rodeo Camp 101
Event schedule and times
Day of Event Guide
For Walkers/Runners/Bike Riders (participants)
7:00 AM Check In at the Walker/Runner/Bike Ride Registration Table located OUTSIDE museum
7:45 AM Aerobic Stretching and Warm Ups
8:15 AM Race begins in order of Biker Riders, Runners, then Walkers
9:30 AM Awards
Other Activities include a bounce house, music, face painting and entertainment
8:00 AM – 3:00 PM Health and Wellness Expo (Rotunda, first level inside museum)
2:00 PM Lecture on Womens Health (Auditorium, lower level inside museum)
Food and Drinks
Light Refreshments will be available to all registered participants after completing the Walk/Run/Bike Ride.
You may also bring your own food and drinks, excluding glass items and alcohol beverages.
Food and beverage will also be available for purchase.
T-Shirts and Bibs
T-Shirts will be provided to all registered participants. Bibs will not be used, this will not be a timed event.
What to Bring
• Your registration money (if applies)
• Your collected donations and donation form(if applies)
Parking for volunteers, vendors and participants will be designated by signs. Enter Gate 5 (3536 Grand Ave, Dallas, Texas 75210)
Parking is Free, if there is a guard at the gate, let them know you are going to the African American Museum
Additional Tips and Suggestions
• Pick a team meeting spot in advance. This will be a good frame of reference should you and the members of your team get separated.
• We recommend that you bring a cell phone to the park so that you can contact those you are hoping to meet up with.
• You should wear comfortable, light clothing such as shorts and comfortable tennis shoes. If the weather forecast calls for it, bring sunglasses; sunscreen; a disposable poncho or an umbrella in case of rain; and any other personal items you might need. This event is happening Rain or Shine!
• Water will be available along the route. Refreshments will be available to all registered participants after completing the Walk.
• Please check the weather forecast in advance and dress appropriately.
• Enjoy the day! And please call Sharon at 214-414-8893 with any questions.