We have sent you and email with instructions on how to reset your password.
Sat, Feb 28, 2015
About This Activity
The inaugural Gamecocks Run gives all South Carolina fans, supporters & alumni a once in a lifetime opportunity to participate in a unique health & wellness event that goes around & through famous athletic facilities & the beautiful USC campus! Start at Gamecock Park right next to Williams-Brice Stadium, home of Gamecocks Football, run or walk through the Carolina Softball Stadium at Beckham Field, past the Carolina Tennis Center, along side The Dodie, Rice Athletics Center & Soccer's Stone Stadium! The race route also traverses past exciting campus landmarks including the Cooper Library, Moore School of Business & famous Horseshoe. The finish line for the event is literally at half court, on top of the Gamecocks logo, inside of Colonial Life Arena!
The event is timed & is perfect for runners or walkers alike, as long as you're a South Carolina Gamecock! Overall & age division award winners will be announced. Distance for the Gamecocks Run is 6K, which is roughly 3.7 miles.
All participants receive:
- Unique 6K experience around & through South Carolina campus & athletic facilities with the feel of a Gamecocks gameday!
- Awesome & BIG finisher's medal!
- Commemorative race t-shirt!
- Ticket to Women's Basketball vs. Mississippi State on Thursday, February 26th & a ticket to Men's Basketball vs. Mississippi State on February 28th!
- Post-race refueling options including food & drinks!
Event details and schedule
- Packet Pick-up will start on Thursday, February 26th, at the Women's Basketball game against Mississippi State from 5p-8p at Colonial Life Arena where you can pick-up your race bib, tickets & other free swag!
- Packet Pick-up will continue on Friday, February 27th, at a TBD location.
- Packet Pick-up will conclude on Saturday, February 28th, from 6:30a to 8a at Gamecock Park.
- All race shirts can be picked-up at the Men's Basketball game on Saturday, February 28th from 4p to 7p at Colonial Life Arena.
- You will need to bring a government issued form of ID to pick-up your packet. Friends can pick-up other packets as long as they have a picture or copy of the participant's ID.
- The event will start promptly at 8am & is rain or shine. Organizers will keep in close contact with pariticipants if there is any adverse weather.
- The University of South Carolina Athletic Department is in full support of this neat new fitness event!