We have sent you and email with instructions on how to reset your password.
Brazoswood Project Graduation Color Run/Walk
Sat, Sep 27, 2014
About This Activity
Join us in helping raise funds for the 2015 Brazoswood Project Graduation by running/walking with friends, neighbors and family while being showered with color at each of our 4 color stations. The purpose of Project Graduation is to provide a safe, alcohol and drug-free celebration of our 2015 Seniors achievements on graduation night. This is a non-competitive event (so bring your own stopwatch if you want to know your time) and is open to all levels of experience. Come join the fun!
Event details and schedule
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Come wearing white and as you walk, run, dance, skip, or leisurely stroll along, you will be showered with color that is completely safe and washes off easily. Forget about beating your friends to the finish line, this is not a timed race. The real winner will be the one covered from head to toe in a pulsating palette of color by the time you reach the finish line. Bring your own stopwatch if you really want to know your time.
WHERE IS THE ACTION?
Brazoswood High School Student Parking Lot (near baseball field). The race begins and ends at in the parking lot
Saturday, September 27, 2014
Day of race registration and pre-registered packet pickup begins at 7:15 AM
Event begins at 8:00 AM
HOW DO I INVITE MY FRIENDS?
Use all the social media available, text messaging, facebook, twitter, or mail.
CAN MY KIDS PARTICIPATE? CAN I RUN WITH MY STROLLER?
Absolutely! Kids under 5 run for free, and strollers are more than welcome in our Color Run/Walk. Remember to start at the back of the line. Children under the age of 5 will notbe provided a t-shirt or color packet.
WHAT IS THE AGE LIMIT?
No age limit! Come young, come old!
ARE PETS ALLOWED?
Sorry, no pets are allowed.
WHEN AND WHERE TO PICK UP YOUR PACKET?
Packets can be picked up the day of the race at the race site.
WHAT’S IN THE PACKET?
The first 200 registrants are guaranteed a white Project Graduation T-shirt that you can wear the day of the race and a packet of COLOR! You can use your color to throw on your friends as you run or save it until the end. We recommend saving your color until the end to throw with other race participants to celebrate the end of the event.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING ON RUN DAY?
• White shirt or white participant shirt found in your packet
• Color packet
• Towel/clean-up rag
• Baby wipes
• Change of clothes
• Camera/cell phone – put in a Ziploc bag to keep it clean
• Clean socks & shoes to wear after the run
CAN THE COLOR HURT ME? HOW IS IT ADMINISTERED?
The color is basically the consistency of cornstarch and is safe. Our color blasters won't be aiming at your face; but, some runners still choose to wear sunglasses or goggles to avoid the color getting in their eyes. Also, some choose to cover their mouths with a bandana. The color powder is basically food grade cornstarch and is totally safe and natural. All the color should wash out of clothing. However, you may want to wear something that you don't mind getting a bit colored.
ARE PHONES AND CAMERAS SAFE?
We recommend using a plastic baggy or plastic wrap to keep your devices color free.
WHAT DO I DO ONCE I CROSS THE FINISH LINE?
Gather with your friends and throw your color packets at each other
THE COLORFUL SAFETY RULES
We have a few “safety rules” that will help you have a great time and enjoy a safe event:
1. Be ready to have a great time!
2. Be considerate of others.
3. Don’t do anything dumb that puts your safety or the safety of others at risk.
THE REST OF THE RULES:
- Remember, this is a family-friendly event- watch your “colorful” language.
- If you are using a stroller, please start at the back.
- Follow directions provided by the volunteers.
- Kids MUST be accompanied by their parents at all times.
- Goggles, sunglasses, dust masks and any other protective items are definitely allowed!
- Please don’t litter. It will make our cleanup much faster.
HOW DO I KEEP THE COOL COLOR IN MY T-SHIRT?
Don't wash the t-shirt. Let it soak in vinegar and then iron it. It will make a colorful souvenir.
While the color is formulated to wash out, you MAY end up with stains on shoes, clothes, and anything you bring, so it’s probably best not to wear your good clothes.
Here are some tips to help you clean up after the race:
• Wear your participant shirt – it’s designed to be colored!
• Shake off excess color before washing; wash your colored gear separately with cold water.
Hair and Skin
• Blonds may want to oil your hair before the race – leaving conditioner in or some olive oil work well.
• Wear a bandanna or a hat
• Sunscreen and a little lip gloss will do wonders for your skin cleanup after the race.
Eyes, ears, mouth, and nose
• We recommend sunglasses or goggles to protect your eyes
• A dust mask, bandanna, or scarf can help you keep all those holes in your face protected.
• The color will eventually wash out; but, you will be better off not bringing the new pair of shoes or stroller.
• Don’t forget wet wipes, a towel, or rag. They’ll help with clean up and you can use the towel to protect your car.
We want you to have a great time and an important part of that is your safety. Lightning, heavy rain or high winds are a couple examples of weather conditions which may result in cancellation or delay of the event. Please come prepared for weather.
RUN DAY DISCLAIMER: If the run is cancelled due to weather conditions and/or an act of God or a participant is not able to participate the day of the event we regret there will be NO REFUNDS. However, if the event is cancelled, we will reschedule for another day.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Call Nancy Randolph at 979-418-9699 or email at 2015Bwoodprojgrad@gmail.com