Sat, Jul 13, 2019
Chuggin' Along - A Beer-Mile Relay Benefitting the Pelotonia Foundation
A few weeks ago, I decided to sign up for Pelotonia. For those unfamiliar with the organization, Pelotonia is a massive annual bike race in Columbus benefitting the OSUCCC - The James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute. As a rider, I’ve pledged to raise $1,750 for the cause.
Cue Chuggin’ Along. At high noon on July 13, I’m hosting a beer-mile relay at CrossFit Incognito. Registration is $30 per three-person team. There will be food and drink, a silent action, 50/50 raffle, and other fun stuff. 100% of the proceeds will go directly to the James.
So lace up your running shoes, grab a couple of your best drinking buddies, and head down to CrossFit Incognito for an afternoon of alcoholic athleticism!
Teams of three will compete in a beer-mile relay race benefiting the OSUCCC - James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute via the Pelotonia Foundation (and for ultimate bragging rights).
The rules are simple:
- The first runner from each team will be given a beer (Non-alcoholic beverages will be available for those too young or too smart to imbibe) at the starting line.
- When the race begins, the runner must finish their beverage before starting onto the course.
- Upon finishing their beverage, the runner is free to complete their leg of the race.
- After finishing their mile, the returning runner will tag in the next, who must then repeat the process.
- This continues to runner three, who will finish the final leg of the race.
Registration is $30 per team, and can be paid through this page, or in cash at the day of the event. Only one participant from each team need pay this fee. Please message me with any questions regarding event registration. Get ready for a great time, and come support a worthy cause. I hope to see you there!
Cant make it to the event, but still want to make a difference? You can still make a contribution by going to my Pelotonia profile page at www.pelotonia.org/maxlitter, or by clicking the donate button on this page.
Thank you all for your support!