We have sent you and email with instructions on how to reset your password.
4th Annual No To Domestic Violence 5K
Sat, Oct 13, 2018
Chapel Hill, NC
5K Run & Walk
About This Activity
October is the National Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Let's make a difference in the life of the people who had been abused and/or neglected by participating in this fundraising event for Tokens of Care, a charitable nonprofit organization, that delivers hope by visiting and providing gifts to the people at shelters and at temporary housing. The event will start and finish at The Green at Southern Village (Market Street, Chapel Hill, NC 27516)
$25 until June 24.
$30 from June 25 to August 26.
$35 from August 27
Same day race registration starts at 2:30 p.m. until 3:45 p.m.
Door prizes will be given after the 5K race, before the awards!
The following activities will take place from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Peace Promenade: Interactive exhibit that ask participants to perform a social mindfulness exercise by choosing fabric based upon their experiences with abuse and asking them to send out messages of love, hope, encouragement and healing and silently walk through the exhibit to hang their ribbons on the walls of the maze.
- Build a Tree of Hope: With a donation of $5 you can select a gift to be given for the Christmas Bazaar at the shelter in Raleigh where women and kids affected by domestic violence will be able to pick a gift for their love ones on Christmas. You will hang on ornament on the tree for each donation and the item will be put under the tree. Note: Tax receipt will be provided.
- Sneakers Drive: Bring your gently used sneakers and/or a new pair of sneakers to support the Homeless program at the Chatham County Schools. Drop-off location will be by the Registration Table. Note: Tax receipt will be provided.
- Raffle Table Comment: Will close at 5:30 p.m.
- Silent Auction Table Comment: Will close at 5:30 p.m.
- Vendors/Organizations: Businesses and Organizations will be on The Green presenting their products and/or services.