We have sent you and email with instructions on how to reset your password.
Love at First Onsight
Sat, Feb 14, 2015
About This Activity
Outdoor Pursuits hosts the second annual climbing competition on the climbing wall in the Student Recreation Center. All skill levels are invited to compete, whether you are a beginner or an advanced climber, we will have routes for everyone. The competition will be judged based on an honor system. There will be great prizes for the winners from sponsors like Marmot, Mad Rock, Yurbuds, and more! To register, please visit www.active.com and search “Love at First Onsight” or go to the Member Services Office in the Student Recreation Center.
Event details and schedule
Saturday, February 14th, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Student Recreation Center Climbing Wall & Student Recreation Alumni Lounge
Pre Registration: $30/competitor – Pre-Registration will end on Friday, February 13th at midnight.
Frequently asked questions about Love at First On-Sight:
• When and Where is the climbing comp, and what time does it start?
The climbing comp is on Saturday February 8th. Registration for the Intermediate level will begin at 8:00 and registration for the Beginner and Advanced levels will begin at 12:00. It will be held at the SIU Student Recreation Center 300 E. Grand Ave. Carbondale, IL. 62901.
• Can I pay by credit card?
Yes, there are several OPTIONS to do this:
1. You can pay over the phone with a credit card by calling the Member Services Office at (618) 453-1277.
2. You can come into the Member Services Office on the upper level of the Student Recreation Center.
3. You may register via www.active.com by searching “Love at First Onsight”.
4. You can register the day of. Registration on the day of will be increased to $35.
• Do I need to pay to register?
Yes. See above.
• Can I register the day of the competition?
Yes. The price for anyone who walks in to register is $35.
• What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept cash, checks, and credit/debit cards for pre-registration. For day-of registration, we will only accept credit/debit cards via www.active.com.
• How much is registration, and what do I get with it?
Registration for SIU’s Love at First On-Sight is $30 if you pre-register. If you register the day of the competition it will be $35. With your registration you will receive a free lunch and a SWAG bag that will include a single ticket for our raffle prizes. Pre-registered climbers will receive a t-shirt.
• Is anyone eligible to win the raffle prizes?
Yes, as long as you are aregistered participant. At registration you will be given a raffle ticket with your SWAG bag. You can buy more tickets (1 ticket for $1, or 6 tickets for $5) to enter the raffle for a prize of your choice.
• Do I have to be present to win a raffle prize?
Yes. You must be present at the awards ceremony to receive a prize.
• Is there an age limit or any other special requirements?
You must be at least 16 years of age.
• Can guests come and watch me climb and can they take pictures?
Yes. There will be LIMITED special seating in the upper level of the Student Recreation Center for any guests that want to watch the competition and they are welcome to take pictures.
• Do we have to belay for one another or does the SIU climbing wall staff belay for us?
Because we want our judges to be fully focused on your climbs, we ask that you belay for one another. After you check in we will ask you to demonstrate belay for our staff.
• Can I bring my own food and drinks to the competition?
You may bring your own food and drinks. However, they can only be enjoyed on the upper level of the Student Recreation Center.
• What if I don’t have my own pair of shoes and/or harness?
That’s no problem, we can rent you a pair of our climbing shoes and/or harness for no