We have sent you and email with instructions on how to reset your password.
Swim Speed Secrets - Denver
Fri, Feb 27, 2015
About This Activity
GET MORE POWER AND PROPULSION FROM YOUR SWIM STROKE: Swimmers and triathletes will have a unique opportunity to improve their swim technique with 4-time Olympian, gold medalist, and triathlon world champion Sheila Taormina. At just over 5' 2", Taormina refined her exceptional freestyle swim technique to win a swimming gold medal at the 1996 Olympics and the 2004 ITU triathlon world championship.
Attendees will learn what it means to "feel" the water as well as how to develop the strength and flexibility (in-water and out of water) required for fast swimming. With the small class size, Sheila will be able to work one-on-one with you to develop the intricacies of the propulsive underwater pull, build a stronger connection between your core muscles and limbs, and refine the proper timing, rhythm, and turnover required for faster swimming.
Take the opportunity to see up close and learn from the smallest swimmer to win Olympic Gold since the 1920 Olympics - this is living proof that technique is more important than size in swimming.
Techniques that you will learn include:
1. The intricate details of the propulsive underwater pull that elite swimmers employ.
2. The correct stroke timing - where in the stroke cycle the arms pass by each other, and the upper core strength needed to master this timing.
3. Strength training exercises in-water, and out of water, that build the muscle tone and endurance required for "feeling and holding" water - the secret ingredient for fast swimming!
For a detailed breakdown of the swim session time spent and topics, OR ANY OTHER QUESTIONS REGARDING THE CLINIC, please feel free to email email@example.com or call 206.779.9425.
Event details and schedule
This swim experience weekend features a format unique to swim clinics around the world! Sheila has specifically designed this weekend to focus on small-group swim sessions followed by ample and relaxed Q&A time. You will receive quality attention to your swim stroke and can ask the questions that matter most to you in achieving your best performance in faster freestyle.
Your swim weekend includes:
-Friday night presentation on fast swimming techniques
-3-hour small group swim session with underwater filming, stroke analysis, and technique work
-copy of Sheila's book Swim Speed Secrets and opportunity to purchase additional copies at a discount
-flash drive containing your individual underwater video from the swim session
-lunch on your session day (for Denver clinic, we are providing a $10 voucher for Saturday night since pool availability does not coincide with lunch timeframe for most sessions)
-invitation to no-host happy hour at local bar/restaurant
The general format of the weekend follows; detailed info will be sent out prior to the clinic.
1) Friday night - Sign-in and all-attendee seminar on Swim Speed Secrets led by Sheila Taormina - you will need to attend this presentation to sign in and gather the good info that you will use during your water session.
2) Water sessions: During online registration, you will select one of three water sessions to attend: Saturday afternoon 1:30pm - 4:30 pm, Sunday morning 7am - 10am, or Sunday afternoon 11am - 2 pm.
3) Saturday night - You are invited to a no-host happy hour at a great local bar/restaurant where you will have the opportunity to ask further questions, visit with Sheila and your fellow attendees, and support local business!
We look forward to getting to know you and sharing Swim Speed Secrets with you!