We have sent you and email with instructions on how to reset your password.
Race for the Forge
Sun, Sep 4, 2016
Running-5K - Individual Age group/open
Virtual Run/Walk - Individual Age group/open
Donations - PFA in My Heart
Donations - Bleeding Green & White
Donations - Pioneer
Donations - Trailblazer
About This Activity
Pine Forge Academy (PFA) is a leader in providing academic excellence to African American students from across the nation and the Caribbean. Of its 3,500 alumni, 98% have gone on to enter and finish college. Pine Forge Academy was established in 1946 on grounds formerly owned by Quaker abolitionists who facilitated a segment of the Underground Railroad through the property. True to its founding purpose to provide a holistic approach to learning, PFA focuses its education on developing the heart, the head and the hand.
This year Pine Forge Academy is commemorating its 70thAnniversary. This important milestone gives us the opportunity to celebrate with events and activities that will highlight our past and spotlight our future. We invite you to join us on September 4, 2016, at PFA for ‘Race for the Forge’ a 5K race and fun walk to celebrate our rich ‘Legacy of Excellence!’
Event details and schedule
Race for the Forge starts 7:00am
Team Captains: Click “Register Now” and select the Team Captain category to create your team.
Team Members: Click “Register Now”, choose the Team Member category and select you team name from the drop down list to register
Virtual Race for the Forge
Still want to participate in this race but can't make it? Sign up for the Virtual Run/Walk option and we'll mail you a bib and t-shirt!
Here is how our Virtual Run/Walk works:
1) Participants register for $35 for our 5K.
2) Participants who register by 5:00 pm (EST), Sunday, August 28, will have their official bib number and t-shirt sent out via regular mail by Wednesday, August 31. Entrants who register after August 28 will not have a bib number sent prior to the race but will receive it after the race along with their race day t-shirt.
3) Participants must complete a 5K during the seven day period from September 1 - September 7. Run/Walk 3.1 miles anywhere and email us your time by 5:00pm (EST), Thursday JSeptember 8. We'll include all virtual runners/walkers in their own category. Email results to Info@CapitalSprints.com with “Virtual Race for the Forge Results” in the subject line.
4) Please share your results, experience and photos at our Facebook Event page. Your results will NOT be recorded as official results, nor will you be eligible for age group awards or rankings.
5) This virtual run/walk is staged completely on the honor system. By registering, we assume you will complete the mileage required.
Thank you for participating in our virtual run/walk - it is very much appreciated!