The Murphey Candler Park Conservancy (MCPC) is excited to announce the Annual Duck Duck Goose 5K taking place October 21, 2017. This fundraiser supports the Murphey Candler Park Conservancy and our efforts to make Murphey Candler Park one of the premier parks in Metro Atlanta.
Visit www.murpheycandlerpark.org for event updates.
Register Online at runsignup.com until 10/18/17 (Wednesday before race)
Go to www.runsignup.com and search “Brookhaven Duck Duck Goose”
• Early bird registration = $25-5K and $15-1 mile until 11:59PM on 9/21/17.
• Registration = $30-5K/$20-1mile until 11:59PM on 10/18/17 then becomes $35-5K/$25-1mile.
• Online registration closes at 11:59 PM on 10/18/17.
• $35 = 10/19/17 at race packet pick-up at Big Peach Running Co. at Town Brookhaven from 4-7PM.Cash and check only (made out to MCPC.)
• $35 = 10/21/17 on Race Day beginning at 7:00AM. Cash and check only (made out to MCPC.)
Those not interested in running can register as phantom runners to support the conservancy and receive an event T-shirt.
Long sleeve shirts are guaranteed for online registrants registering by 10/15/2017. Late registration t-shirts will be available first-come first-serve.
• Thursday, 10/19/17 4-7PM at Big Peach Running Co in Town Brookhaven, 705 Town Blvd, Ste. 340, Atlanta, GA 30319, 404-816-8488
• Saturday, 10/21/17, race day, beginning at 7:00AM.
This fundraiser supports the Murphey Candler Park Conservancy and our efforts to make Murphey Candler Park one of the premier parks in Metro Atlanta.
Runners will set off first at 8:00AM followed by walkers/strollers/runners with leashed dogs. Water will be available at designated locations along the course. The course winds through the park's beautiful trails and neighborhood.
1-Mile Fun Run will begin at 8:45AM.
Our race begins at 8AM sharp. Parking will be available at the Atlanta Colts Football and Murphey Candler Little League lots, and the pool off Candler Lake West. Follow the signs to the recreational field on the corner of Candler Lake East and W. Nancy Creek.
Please allow 15-20 minutes to park and walk to the race staging area, and plan to arrive no later than 7:45AM.
The race will start on the east side of the dam along W.Nancy Creek and end at the recreational field on the corner of Candler Lake East and W. Nancy Creek.
THIS IS A RAIN OR SHINE EVENT
In the event of inclement weather involving lightning or hazardous conditions, please check our website www.murpheycandlerpark.org for up to date information.
Awards will be provided to the top 3 male and female 5K winners, along with winners from each age group by gender. Awards will also be given to the top female and male ages 10 and under finishing the Fun Run.
Leashed dogs and strollers are allowed on the course and will start immediately after the runners.
DUCK DUCK FOOD TRUCK
Please join us for the pre-race food truck event Friday, October 20. The food trucks will be located in Murphey Candler Park. Family fun and entertainment. Time: 5PM-8:00PM