Please join us for our second annual Superheroes for Kids 5k or 1 mile walk! October 31st at 9am! Right now, we are planning to host virtually due to COVID. This is a fun way to show your support for children in foster care and their families. Your registration helps support our mission of improving the lives of children impacted by foster care through advocacy, resources, and support. Fostering Community’s programs include The Louisiana Heart Gallery, The Foster Care Closet, First Night Supplies for children entering foster care, The Safe Sleep Program, Cenla Foster Parent Support Group and Online Community, Fostering Families: New Foster Parent Mentor Programs, Birthday in a Box Kits, Weighted Blanket Program, Christmas Joy Project, and The My Community Cares Initiative.
Please help make our 5k a success
1. Spread the word. Invite others to participate!
2. Choose your own route—run in your neighborhood, a local park, or your favorite trail.
3. Take a picture to celebrate your run
4. Post your photo on social media and use the hashtag #Superheroesforkids5k
5. Optional: After the race, you can log your race time on the race entry website, and we will mail awards to the race winners for each age group. You can track your race time through aps like: Nikerunclub, RunKeeper, Strava, etc.