We have sent you and email with instructions on how to reset your password.
Walk/5k/10K for Kidneys
Sun, Jun 26, 2016
Running-5K - Individual Age group/open
Running-10K - Individual Age group/open
About This Activity
Welcome to the 2016 Albany Walk/5k/10k for Kidneys! We have so much in store for you this year that we know you will be super excited to register and start fundraising today! First we want to announce the all new location on the SUNY Campus! We will be staging at Collins Circle this year and the walk and 5k/10k events will start from there! This is a great new location this and it allows us to build in exciting activities! All new this year:
* Vendor Marketplace featuring yoga, massage, nutrition, beauty, home products and other exciting offerings!
* Kids activities featuring clowns, bounce house, facepainting and more!
* Food and beverage will be provided by Druthers Brewing Company and will feature a special menu prepared just for the Albany Walk/Run for Kidneys! Every runner will be able to redeem their running bib for a free beverage of choice (and yes it includes adult beverages too!)
* Special after event concert featuring entertainment by Yankee Holler, voted best independent rock band in the 2015 Metroland Readers Poll! As if that's not enough, they also placed second for the best cover band and third for best country band! We are thrilled they will be joining us! Check 'em out!
* Presentation of the Kathe LeBeau Patient Empowerment Award. Applications are availabe at the links to the left!
* Presentation of the Melissa Daniels Team Spirit Award. Essays will be accepted until June 15. Click here for more information.
* Presentation of the Team Cup Award. Click here for more information.
* The addition of a 10K race this year with awards after the race for 5K and 10K categories including top male and female overall and age categories.
Chronic kidney disease affects one out of every three adults and most are unaware. There are more than 8000 New Yorkers waiting for a life saving transplant. Your participation in this event raises funds to support grants for medical, nutrition and housing needs; free kidney screenings; patient, public and professional education; school based programs; scholarship programs and so much more! We sincerely appreciate your support and belief in our mission! Together we can do so much to improve the lives of those affected by kidney disease and related conditions, to increase organ donation and to empower those we serve to be effective voices for better healthcare at the local, state and federal levels. For information or assistance please call 518-533-7880 or email email@example.com